SGBI OPENS NEW OFFICES ON KING RANCH

Kingsville, Texas -- Santa Gertrudis Breeders International (SGBI) has moved into a new headquarters building on the historic King Ranch. The first Board of Directors meeting and an Open House celebration was held Saturday, October 31 in the new building just inside the main ranch entrance.

The new office is located in a completely remodeled old colonial home on the Santa Gertrudis Division and done in the traditional Spanish style prevalent on the ranch. Ervin Kaatz, SGBI Executive Director notes, “We are very pleased with this new location for the association's office and the opportunity to conduct business out of a brand new building. The move begins a new era of cooperation between Santa Gertrudis Breeders International and King Ranch, the founder of the Santa Gertrudis breed.”

The Santa Gertrudis breed of beef cattle was developed by King Ranch and was the first breed developed in the United States and recognized as such by the USDA in 1940. SGBI was formed in 1951 and has maintained its headquarters in Kingsville, Texas since that date.

Further information regarding the Santa Gertrudis breed can be found on the association's website, www.santagertrudis.com or by emailing info@santagertrudis. com. Mailing address is P.O. Box 1257, Kingsville, TX 78364 and phone is 361-592-9357.







Google
  Web CattleToday.com

Don't forget to BOOKMARK  
Cattle Today Online!