1 1/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
6-8 cups vegetable oil
20 chicken wing pieces
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon MSG
1. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium
heat. Stir until ingredients are well-combined and bring to a
boil. Then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
2. As sauce is simmering, heat up 6 to 8 cups of oil in a deep fryer set to
3. Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
4. In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and MSG.
5. When oil is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the
milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour. Arrange wings on a plate until
each one is breaded.
6. Fry the wings in the oil for 9-12 minutes or until light, golden brown.
If you have a small fryer, you may wish to fry 10 of the wings at a time. Drain
on paper towels or a rack.
7. When the sauce is done, brush the entire surface of each wing with a light
coating of sauce. Serve immediately. (http://www.topsecretrecipes.com)
Makes 2-4 servings (20 wings).