Do not buy a Gatormade trailer !

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Re: Do not buy a Gatormade trailer !

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue May 09, 2017 5:53 am

littletom wrote:Will check both out. Got some friends in bloomfield I go up to hunt most years.

We are just 15 miles or so NW of Bloomfield. Stop in if you get a chance.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sat May 13, 2017 1:34 pm

littletom wrote:I had a Gatormade for 31/2 years. I feel I was very lucky to have sold it last week on craigslist. I am now looking to replace it with a high quality trailer. I have crawled under a bunch in the last week and read for hours on the web. I have read great things about the red rhino but can not find one to look at in person. After the Gator experience I am shy to order one on internet hype. I looked at a corn pro today really liked it other than no low pro option. Does anyone have a corn pro? Looking more for quality than price

Just make a road trip to OK. Stop in Newport Ar on your way across and look at Delta trailers. They seem good but I haven't tested one yet. My wife just bought one a month or so ago.
I really like the red rhino just from what I see on the net. Never seen one in person.
I'm selling my Big Tex, it's a pos. I need to buy something with 12,000lbs axles too.
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:17 pm

jedstivers wrote:
littletom wrote:I had a Gatormade for 31/2 years. I feel I was very lucky to have sold it last week on craigslist. I am now looking to replace it with a high quality trailer. I have crawled under a bunch in the last week and read for hours on the web. I have read great things about the red rhino but can not find one to look at in person. After the Gator experience I am shy to order one on internet hype. I looked at a corn pro today really liked it other than no low pro option. Does anyone have a corn pro? Looking more for quality than price

Just make a road trip to OK. Stop in Newport Ar on your way across and look at Delta trailers. They seem good but I haven't tested one yet. My wife just bought one a month or so ago.
I really like the red rhino just from what I see on the net. Never seen one in person.
I'm selling my Big Tex, it's a pos. I need to buy something with 12,000lbs axles too.

Hauling cattle to OKC?
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Sat May 13, 2017 8:53 pm

I may call Go Bob and see if they have sold one anywhere out here. I looked at Delta's here localy going to call couple people that have one. I think they are well ahead of a Gator. The corn pros I looked at where finshed a bit better imo. I wouldn't be so picky if not from my past ordeal.
0 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 am

Bought a 2016 elite 25' deckover , the hub was getting cherry hot from the brakes dragging a couple weeks after I bought the trailer . I called the salesman in somerset that sold me the trailer and he wouldn't talk to me . Said there was nobody to talk to about his over the phone ( had to use there online warranty system) I did . from there gatormade directed me to lippert axles and they said its a gatormade problem not a lippert axle issue, I agree but whatever just want it fixed . After weeks of this back and forth ( actually i think months) . They agreed to send a new hub to the repair shop and pay a half hour labor . Shop charged two hours labor and a diagnostic fee ( said they spent another two hours on the phone with gatormade , not counting weeks of emailing) . I was out of pocket for the difference

* I buy/sell equipment and regularly get comments on the trailer when i pull up ( i tell this story weekly ) I pulled off the tacky gatormade decals too

* next trailer I buy will be from a local trailer manufacturer

0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun May 14, 2017 9:12 am

RanchMan90 wrote:
jedstivers wrote:

Hauling cattle to OKC?

I was saying Littletom should make that trip but I do send cattle to OKC. I don't take any myself, I send pot loads.
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:35 am

jedstivers wrote:
RanchMan90 wrote:
jedstivers wrote:Just make a road trip to OK. Stop in Newport Ar on your way across and look at Delta trailers. They seem good but I haven't tested one yet. My wife just bought one a month or so ago.

Hauling cattle to OKC?

I was saying Littletom should make that trip but I do send cattle to OKC. I don't take any myself, I send pot loads.

10 4. It looks like good timing to send some now.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Follow up on what I did. Late summer early fall after much back and fourth. Ordered a 23+5 10 ton corn pro. Torque tube, two speed jack, and few other add ons. Have hauled about 10 14,000 pound loads of tobacco 3 hour round trip, and few smaller things. So far could not be happier pulls great much better than the gator. Seems well built, and has enough paint on it to have a couple runs. Would recommend to anyone.
1 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 am

We added a Diamond C trailer to the mix. It's a 15,000 lb bumper pull equipment trailer, and so far, it's doing the job. It would have been a few months to get a Hank, and we needed it yesterday, so we'll see how well it holds up. It is built heavy, has good paint, pulls good, and was priced fair.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Checked on the hanks was told some issues with manufacturing, very long wait few being built. Very happy with my corn pro.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”