Why won't my new grapple operat?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Why won't my new grapple operat?

Postby Nesikep » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:06 pm

Oh, one more thing.. make sure the supply and return from the grapple are hooked onto the same control valve! If you have 2 remotes this can happen.. try operating both remotes at the same time, and opposite each other as well (lift on both, then lift on one, lower on the other)
2 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

kenojoe
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby kenojoe » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:06 pm

I disconnected all of the hoses and pushed on the coupler balls and let the pressure off of the hoses and cylinders. There did seem to be quit a bit of pressure. Hooked everything back up and it worked just fine. Is it possible that the grapple was shipped with pressure on the cylinders and hoses and when I connected my hoses to it the balls in the couplers could not push the balls in the grapple bucket couplers, thereby preventing oil flow?
0 x

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:04 pm

kenojoe wrote:I disconnected all of the hoses and pushed on the coupler balls and let the pressure off of the hoses and cylinders. There did seem to be quit a bit of pressure. Hooked everything back up and it worked just fine. Is it possible that the grapple was shipped with pressure on the cylinders and hoses and when I connected my hoses to it the balls in the couplers could not push the balls in the grapple bucket couplers, thereby preventing oil flow?

Very possible.

If you don't have a float position, it's next to impossible to unhook a grapple without leaving pressure in the lines unless you shut the machine off and work the lever. To make things worse, most of the time you can unhook them just fine even with pressure in the lines, the problem won't show up until you try to use it again.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Glad it's working now anyhow. Your guess of what happened is probably right
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”