Roll-a-bar rake with hydraulic lift?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Roll-a-bar rake with hydraulic lift?

Postby ohiosteve » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Is there such a thing? Every one I've ever used is hand crank. I've got a new idea 9' with a dolly wheel in the front and I really like it just wish I could lift it from the seat of the tractor, not only for road transport but also for use in the field.
0 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Roll-a-bar rake with hydraulic lift?

Postby pricefarm » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:35 pm

Never seen one but that sure would be nice.
0 x

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 pm

Wouldn't be terribly difficult to throw a cylinder in place of each of the screw rods. Just have to have stops in place to keep it from breaking things.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Aaron wrote:Wouldn't be terribly difficult to throw a cylinder in place of each of the screw rods. Just have to have stops in place to keep it from breaking things.

That's what I was thinking. Then I got to thinking a little more and was wondering why nobody else had ever done it.
0 x

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:47 pm

Or have they?..............
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Saw one a few years ago, home made deal. Most poele have no use for a rollabar , that's the only reason I can think of that it isn;t widely available. I was going to set mine up but never got around to it.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Aaron
GURU
GURU

Postby Aaron » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:23 am

dun wrote:Saw one a few years ago, home made deal. Most poele have no use for a rollabar , that's the only reason I can think of that it isn;t widely available. I was going to set mine up but never got around to it.

Very few of us use Rola-bar here anymore. Many fall into two camps - no raking period; or big folding wheel rakes. When I win the lottery, I'll go buy a R2800.
0 x
Nothin' prettier than a red Ford truck, a Massey Ferguson tractor and a red-n-white Hereford sittin' on the farm.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:30 am

Aaron wrote:
dun wrote:Saw one a few years ago, home made deal. Most poele have no use for a rollabar , that's the only reason I can think of that it isn;t widely available. I was going to set mine up but never got around to it.

Very few of us use Rola-bar here anymore. Many fall into two camps - no raking period; or big folding wheel rakes. When I win the lottery, I'll go buy a R2800.

Not many do around here either but in some weird shaped fields the wheel rakes are just to ungainly to manuever around. I also have a personal theory that wheel rakes hurt the tilth of the soil be raking too clean.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ddd75
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ddd75 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 am

the soil is so black and soft here they use a lot of the roll a bar rakes to not destroy.

i just let my wheel rake 'float' and it leaves quit a bit of residue and doesn't bring up any dirt.. but i also cut my grass at least 8" high so that probably helps as well.
0 x

PAaugus
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby PAaugus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:44 am

New Holland made a hydraulic lift for the roll bar rakes . I have one on a 258 rake. I pull a 10 rotary rake behind my 656 hydro and a 258 rake on a rake bridge with the 258, I use a hydraulic selector valve at the back of the rake to lift the 258 or mostly to steer the bridge. I gave $250 for the lift setup with out the cylinder 5 years ago. You can see the part needed on the parts diagrams.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”