$100K 2018 Ford Super Duty

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Re: $100K 2018 Ford Super Duty

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Every now and then, we regret selling the '77 Chevy 3/4 ton.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:Every now and then, we regret selling the '77 Chevy 3/4 ton.

We have a 71 GMC 3/4. Has a impala 327 in it, 3rd motor, would like to build a 350 for it, and have someone do some body work on it.

It's a shame what the city-slickers, and government have done to trucks. Single cabs are scarce, no manual transmission, 40k+ price tag, fully loaded with every electrical contraption. An owner's manual that just says "See your local ***** dealer" for everything. Auto-tranny;s don't have a dipstick to check the level. No external tranny or fuel filter! 3 cats and a trash can muffler!!! EGR on gas motors, and Tier 4 diesels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until things change, the truck I have now will be the last one I buy.
0 x
I'm Conservative so you can be Liberal.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:09 am

Sell me that 327 engine when you do... My absolute favorite eng. of all time....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:24 am

Son of Butch wrote:In the '70s Detroit produced junk and misread what consumers wanted allowing Japan, first Honda and then Toyota
to get a foothold in the marketplace and eventually dominate it.

I suspect Ford has misjudged what truck buyers are willing to pay and will end up getting bitten in the butt by this
out of touch with reality pricing mistake.

I dunno. Remember the $400 dirty jeans? Truck buyers probably won't buy one but a city slicker that has 10 acres just outside of town will. I immediately thought of a recently retired oral surgeon that lives just outside the 'burbs of Wichita & also owns some land (strictly for hunting) by us. He's probably ordered one already.
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 am

I have a hard time paying more for a truck than I did for my house. It seems like they will eventually price themselves out of the game. That old Ford is pretty sharp. For a Ford anyways. I'd rather buy that than some of the trucks I've seen my buddies buy. 19k for a truck with 250k miles is normal prices I've seen them pay recently. I just can't bring myself to do that. Somebody said they lost touch well I wander how a foreign company would do if they just sold a work truck model. I was thinking about trading a few months ago but I e decided to keep mine. If you figure cost per mile, or per year, either way it's cheaper to replace parts than buy new.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:06 am

I don't know where folks get all their money. All the lakes around us have big houses, boat lifts and really nice boats sitting on them. And most don't get used but a few times a year. The best I can figure is there's a lot of folks that worked smarter, than harder.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:57 am

TCRanch wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:In the '70s Detroit produced junk and misread what consumers wanted allowing Japan, first Honda and then Toyota

I suspect Ford has misjudged what truck buyers are willing to pay and will end up getting bitten in the butt by this

I dunno. Remember the $400 dirty jeans? Truck buyers probably won't buy one but a city slicker that has 10 acres just outside of town will. I immediately thought of a recently retired oral surgeon that lives just outside the 'burbs of Wichita & also owns some land (strictly for hunting) by us. He's probably ordered one already.

Make a homeless person spit...https://www.ateliernewyork.com/r13-r13- ... trEALw_wcB
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:10 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:Every now and then, we regret selling the '77 Chevy 3/4 ton.

Yup, same here with a '49 Ford pick up that we replaced in 1973 with a '66 Ford. Fond memories of that '49 Ford.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote: The best I can figure is there's a lot of folks that worked smarter, than harder.

Or spent dumber then smarter
2 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:46 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
TCRanch wrote:

Make a homeless person spit...https://www.ateliernewyork.com/r13-r13- ... trEALw_wcB

Mike Rowe was talking about Nordstrums selling jeans with artificial dirt for 400 bucks
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:00 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
TCRanch wrote:

Just WOW! Are those for men, women or both? They're so hideous I can't tell & the model looks androgynous :shock:
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:08 pm

TCRanch wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:
TCRanch wrote:[/b]

Just WOW! Are those for men, women or both? They're so hideous I can't tell & the model looks androgynous :shock:
don't know, but as raggedy as I dress, wouldn't want to be caught dead in them... :cowboy:
2 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:08 pm

whats wrong with having luxury options ? , the superduty starts out around $27k . they got 8 different trim levels
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:02 pm

BobbyLummus1 wrote:whats wrong with having luxury options ? , the superduty starts out around $27k . they got 8 different trim levels

Is that the down payment on one...cause I ain't seen it...about 3-4 years ago I looked at a strip down plain Jane flat bed that was 48k.. Think it was even flint stone powered.....
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:31 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
BobbyLummus1 wrote:whats wrong with having luxury options ? , the superduty starts out around $27k . they got 8 different trim levels

Is that the down payment on one...cause I ain't seen it...about 3-4 years ago I looked at a strip down plain Jane flat bed that was 48k.. Think it was even flint stone powered.....

Nothing wrong with luxury options - I like my bling and my fancy truck. But even my husband's Man Truck, a 2015 Silverado 3500 HD cab/chassis was sticker priced at $46K, then add the flat bed, grill guard, mud flaps, etc . . . it all adds up.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”