$100K 2018 Ford Super Duty

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: $100K 2018 Ford Super Duty

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:21 pm

It's hard to find a new F 350, diesel, long bed, single wheel 4x4. It's a real truck, but to dang expensive..... unless your 25 years old.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Image

It's hard to find a new F 350, diesel, long bed, single wheel 4x4. It's a real truck, but to dang expensive..... unless your 25 years old.
a long bed crew cab..is more a company truck. Long as a train. Not real popular outside of that....
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:10 pm

BobbyLummus1 wrote:whats wrong with having luxury options ?

It leads to another gilded age with ostentatious displays that accomplish nothing but glorification of the individual
in vain attempts to impress others who aren't worth the trouble to impress in the first place. But to each their own.
3 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 pm

When I bought my new truck a couple of years ago it came with a bunch of gewgaws and fancy electronics. Still haven;t figured out what or how a lot of them work. But the once I do use I'm really happy about. I remember back when heaters and then radios first became standard, people complained about how fancy the new trucks were. I still think that sometimes the "good old days" weren;t as good as we recall.
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:13 am

I do like power windows.. particularly for the passenger window!.. Outside of that, most gizmos can be put on aftermarket for 1/10th the cost of what the factory options are.. Want a fancy sound system, get a head unit with GPS, bluetooth, etc
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:15 am

Nesikep wrote:I do like power windows.. particularly for the passenger window!.. Outside of that, most gizmos can be put on aftermarket for 1/10th the cost of what the factory options are.. Want a fancy sound system, get a head unit with GPS, bluetooth, etc

The best advancement in new truck technology for me has been the integrated trailer brake controller.
1 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:37 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
Nesikep wrote:I do like power windows.. particularly for the passenger window!.. Outside of that, most gizmos can be put on aftermarket for 1/10th the cost of what the factory options are.. Want a fancy sound system, get a head unit with GPS, bluetooth, etc

The best advancement in new truck technology for me has been the integrated trailer brake controller.

The one I like best is the back up camera
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

SmokinM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SmokinM » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:21 am

Grit is that in your driveway? Hoping that Ram getting out run the other day talked some sense into you!
A lot of these new features are nice but I will just keep my old girls running a little longer. Don't own a vehicle less than 15 years old. 785,000 miles on 4 vehicles. Honestly spend probably $1,500 a year in repairs among the 4. The ride is good,the run is dependable,and I ain't got enough free cash to replace them for the heck of it.

Will be a lot of these $100k trucks sold to the land and cattle companies we all know and love.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:11 am

[quote="SmokinM"[quote]]Grit is that in your driveway? Hoping that Ram getting out run the other day talked some sense into you!

Yes the truck is in my driveway, but it's not mine. I was going to buy a new Ford, and thought this might be the most expensive mistake of my life. I've bought a new truck every 2 - 3 years since 1984, and I feel my 2013 Ram is going to be my last brand new truck. As I age I don't enjoy working on stuff all the time, but I think I will before I spend $60k+.
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:12 am

dun wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

The one I like best is the back up camera

If you pull a trailer every day. Power mirrors.
1 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:31 am

Power mirrors aren't typically computerized, and the backup camera is a feature on a decent stereo head unit.. Still no excuse for buying a 100K truck!

I would like to see how these integrated brake controllers work. I haven't found an aftermarket brake controller I like yet.. the time based ones have to be set soft when you're hauling cattle, making them absolutely useless if you have an emergency, and the inertia based ones require the truck brakes to do too much of the work.. and they don't work when you're stopped. I'm working on designing my own that goes off brake line pressure.. it's the only way you can get them to do what you want methinks
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:46 pm

Son of Butch wrote:
BobbyLummus1 wrote:whats wrong with having luxury options ?

It leads to another gilded age with ostentatious displays that accomplish nothing but glorification of the individual
in vain attempts to impress others who aren't worth the trouble to impress in the first place. But to each their own.

On the other side of the coin, vehicles like that,especially the owners don't impress me..now let em pull up,in a 30-40'model truck they've restored, you got my attention....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:11 pm

Chrome over plastic doesn't impress me.. Chrome ought to be over top of steel!
2 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:25 am

Nesikep wrote:Power mirrors aren't typically computerized, and the backup camera is a feature on a decent stereo head unit.. Still no excuse for buying a 100K truck!

I would like to see how these integrated brake controllers work. I haven't found an aftermarket brake controller I like yet.. the time based ones have to be set soft when you're hauling cattle, making them absolutely useless if you have an emergency, and the inertia based ones require the truck brakes to do too much of the work.. and they don't work when you're stopped. I'm working on designing my own that goes off brake line pressure.. it's the only way you can get them to do what you want methinks

The integrated brake controllers works off of the pressure on your brake pedal. The harder you jab the brakes, the harder the TBC applies the trailer brakes.
0 x
Teaching a child to work and manage money will take them futher in life than any education that they could ever receive.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 am

Dove season and bow season opened down here a couple weeks ago. Highway 59, 77, 37 are full of brand new Ford diesels headed to their hunting leases down south. I ran with 5 brand new F350 Ford diesels from down south yesterday all the way home. 2 were Platinums, 2 were King Ranch, 1 was regular. It's amazing what comes out of Houston, Austin, San Antonio this time of year.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”