Faulty fencer?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
bigbruh
Cowhand
Cowhand

Faulty fencer?

Postby bigbruh » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:52 am

I didn't think my powerwizard p1000 was hitting hard enough. It was getting 3k volts at the beginning, but over time the voltage continued to drop. When it dropped down to 1.4kv, I decided to make a change. I walked the fence and noticed no obvious grounding issues. I then purchased a Parmak super energizer 5. It worked good for about 4 minutes, then started tripping the gfci. Is it the box or the power source? Please advise.
0 x

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Re: Faulty fencer?

Postby jkwilson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:00 am

I'd be wondering about your fence ground. GFCI outlets are cheap and they do fail often. Try the fencer on an extension cord from a different circuit and see what happens.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:23 am

jkwilson wrote:I'd be wondering about your fence ground. GFCI outlets are cheap and they do fail often. Try the fencer on an extension cord from a different circuit and see what happens.

There are small GFI connectors that can be plugged into a none GFI receptacle . I would try one of those in a none GFI receptacle and see if it still happens.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

farmboy80
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby farmboy80 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:52 am

Plug it in to a nongfci outlet. And if it still not getting the voltage it's supposed to. Try pouring a bucket of water around your ground rod. If that fixes it, you need a longer ground rod.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”