4600 ford

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

4600 ford

Postby snoopdog » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Anyone ever resealed and bushing the uooer steering column on one of these ?
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: 4600 ford

Postby jltrent » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 am

snoopdog wrote:Anyone ever resealed and bushing the uooer steering column on one of these ?
I have a 3600 (same seal kit as 4600) that has had a new seal put at the base of the steering column. It is a big job to put the new seal in as the tank/dash and everything has to come off to put the seal in. Also be careful to not get the big nut too tight at the bottom or the steering will be tight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGPN3N503AA-New ... 0839736635

The big fat seal goes here to keep the oil from coming up and out the top of the steering column....pretty good job to put on
1 x

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: 4600 ford

Postby snoopdog » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm

jltrent wrote:
snoopdog wrote:Anyone ever resealed and bushing the uooer steering column on one of these ?
I have a 3600 (same seal kit as 4600) that has had a new seal put at the base of the steering column. It is a big job to put the new seal in as the tank/dash and everything has to come off to put the seal in. Also be careful to not get the big nut too tight at the bottom or the steering will be tight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EGPN3N503AA-New ... 0839736635

The big fat seal goes here to keep the oil from coming up and out the top of the steering column....pretty good job to put on
THANKS, I thought it looked like a pretty good job , I may have to farm it out , as I really have too many projects right now .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”