In need of a shop truck

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

In need of a shop truck

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:43 am

I need a pickup to get us through the winter. It'll be used for light deliveries, running errands, some light towing, personal use/keeping miles off the 5500, and some on the fence crew. I've been looking at some 2013 ish Chevy 2500s with the 6.0 gas engine. I had one years ago, and it served it's purpose well. Anything I should know about these newer ones? The trucks that fit my budget are plain Jane with 125K miles give or take. Input would be appreciated.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: In need of a shop truck

Postby callmefence » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Have I gotta deal for you.

2005 Cummings 3500.
300,000 miles. Engine runs great. Trans has the morning sickness. Front ends a little loose. Has one tire that holds air. radio and one taillight works. ....
Back window broken out.
I just Passed up three grand.

You need a winter shop truck and this baby needs to spend the winter in the shop....you can pay me whenever you feel like it.... No rush ..;-) :D
2 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:12 pm

6.0 is a great eng,,depending on the running gear pretty decent mileage on the late models..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:44 pm

callmefence wrote:Have I gotta deal for you.

2005 Cummings 3500.
300,000 miles. Engine runs great. Trans has the morning sickness. Front ends a little loose. Has one tire that holds air. radio and one taillight works. ....
Back window broken out.
I just Passed up three grand.

You need a winter shop truck and this baby needs to spend the winter in the shop....you can pay me whenever you feel like it.... No rush ..;-) :D

If I didn't have two just like it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Just in case any of you are shopping, evidently Chevy is excited to get rid of the '17 trucks. Brand new ones are only $5k more than a ragged out 100k mile truck. No big rebate on '16 or '18 models, but the 2017s are cheap. Something wrong with them?
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”