Cattle trailer questions

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Cattle trailer questions

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:32 am

Texasmark wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:Wilson aluminum, will be the best and last trailer you will ever buy.

Neighbor has an aluminum, maybe 24', pulls with a ¾ Ton Silverado with Duramax and Allison. Don't know the brand. It replaces the regular steel units and he is happy with it including the lighter net weight.
-------------------
On the age comments from others, the older you get the smaller a year is to your total life and years just whizzzzzzz by. I cannot keep up with just how long ago I have done things thinking I did them just yesterday.

On that percentage mentioned above, I remember when I was a kid, just how longggggg the school week was and how short were the weekends.

Image just repainted a few years back, stays in shed when not in use...no reason to trade up,I wouldn't benefit from it at all...
0 x
a liberal is a man, that will give away everything he doesn't own..

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:12 pm

I have a 20' W & W aluminum that for occasional use works good mostly open pipe aluminum construction. If I was in the business of hauling a lot of cattle often I would spend the extra and get a Wilson. Neighbor bought one last year for over 17k it ought to be good.
0 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:17 pm

I didn't like the pan style sides and rolled into the btm to be part of the floor. the one I had rotted off the frame there..wasn't new..but it was a very difficult repair to keep the floor in it because the rolled under btm was the edges of the floor. lighter and worked but I guess the previous owner justlet it rust and eventually it became junk
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:11 pm

dieselbeef wrote:I didn't like the pan style sides and rolled into the btm to be part of the floor. the one I had rotted off the frame there..wasn't new..but it was a very difficult repair to keep the floor in it because the rolled under btm was the edges of the floor. lighter and worked but I guess the previous owner justlet it rust and eventually it became junk

That is one of the selling points for Big Bend trailers and one reason I bought one. They don't have that bent plate bottom like most others where the manure piles up and the rust begins. Big Bends have a gap and most of the manure falls out the side.
Big Bends are very stout and have a lot of stock features that are options on the others. They are heavy though so not for the person that spends most of the time just hauling a couple. I am very pleased with mine but I have only had it about a year.
0 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:58 pm

Had gooseneck brand 3 years. Would buy another if destroyed or stolen. Might get the rubber floor if doing over.
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:22 am

TCRanch wrote:After our Titan was destroyed in the tornado we bought a GR. Seriously heavy duty! But we also just got a small Titan Challenger, primarily for hauling just a few/taking one to the vet, etc.

http://www.grtrailers.com/trailers/tand ... -16000-lb/

Wife has one of their front bumpers on her truck. Built very well but they put the pin hole for the front receiver behind the wire mesh and the hole was undersized!
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:51 pm

cfpinz wrote:
TCRanch wrote:After our Titan was destroyed in the tornado we bought a GR. Seriously heavy duty! But we also just got a small Titan Challenger, primarily for hauling just a few/taking one to the vet, etc.

http://www.grtrailers.com/trailers/tand ... -16000-lb/

Wife has one of their front bumpers on her truck. Built very well but they put the pin hole for the front receiver behind the wire mesh and the hole was undersized!

Did they fix it? Without charge?
We get our trailers in El Dorado. Small time operation but great to work with. Wanted vents in the front of the trailer so he traded the vents + labor for 2 bales of alfalfa. Works for me!
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:16 am

TCRanch wrote:Did they fix it? Without charge?

Fixed it myself, 5 minutes with a drill.
1 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”