Loader Pallet Forks

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Beefeater
Cowhand
Cowhand

Loader Pallet Forks

Postby Beefeater » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Okay, so after borrowing a tractor a few times in the last several months to utilize their forks I’ve decided to buy my own this year.

I have an older style Westerndorf WL-21 (no quick attach). Westerndorf just gave me a price of $1,600+ FOB at factory for the 48 model, place in MO appears to have one that would work for about $1,000, found something similar online with delivery in the $800 range, and found a beefy set with nice guard on CL for $700, but I’d have to convert from the quick attach to manual pins.

I’m certainly not spending $1,600 on a set of forks! $500-800 seems more reasonable with a decent guard, but I’d go a little higher if there is something that could convert quickly to include a spear for round bales without changing pins for another attachment. Currently using bucket mount bale spear for rounds, but some of the bigger alfalfa bales give me cause for concern with bucket stress.

Reccomendations, cool attachments you’ve seen, or even hypothetical available set somewhere between Minnesota and Oklahoma? And no, I’m not interested in clamp on, or chain binder types for this project.

Thanks in advance!
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Re: Loader Pallet Forks

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 pm

I have a set that the forks slide off of, and the bale prongs slide in. I ordered them from Koyker with a new loader. I would highly recommend forking over the cash for a skid steer quick attach adaptor for your loader. I'm headed home for more posts, and I'll snap a pic. Scratch that pic idea. Here's a link.
http://www.koykermfg.com/index.php/prod ... let-forks/
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:53 pm

We used a set of forklift forks and adapted them to fit on the loader bucket.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 pm

i bought a set off ebay that slid on the bucket and you just tightened them down. they worked pretty good if you didn't need to use them everyday. now I have a real set of forks I don't think I could ever go back. Quick attach is where its at :)

Keep in mind using bucket forks throws the weight out a lot farther in front of you.

I think I paid around 130 for my forks and sold them for 150 a few years later. :)

i've also used a homemade bale attachment to the bucket. F that noise. Having my skid steer spear is so incredibly nice. It'll go into any bale, it doesn't slide around, and you can see everything perfect.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:11 pm

I bought from here https://www.palletforks.com/

Same as the Deere forks for half the cost.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:40 pm

I will tell you got a set of clamp on forks they are the most aggravating POS i ever had owned they slide on the bucket and other BS.
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Slip the repair guy at the forklift repair shop a 20 and you can get all the forks you want then a simple frame and your all set.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:25 pm

M-5 wrote:Slip the repair guy at the forklift repair shop a 20 and you can get all the forks you want then a simple frame and your all set.

im going to weld on a quick attach to mine one day.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:58 pm

I would go to a few clearing sales and I am sure you would pick up something that you could adapt to your loader for very little money.

Ken
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:13 pm

I saw a set in a fb ad yesterday free with some scrap iron . I would have got them if I was not tied up
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Atimm693 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Beefeater wrote:Okay, so after borrowing a tractor a few times in the last several months to utilize their forks I’ve decided to buy my own this year.

I have an older style Westerndorf WL-21 (no quick attach). Westerndorf just gave me a price of $1,600+ FOB at factory for the 48 model, place in MO appears to have one that would work for about $1,000, found something similar online with delivery in the $800 range, and found a beefy set with nice guard on CL for $700, but I’d have to convert from the quick attach to manual pins.

I’m certainly not spending $1,600 on a set of forks! $500-800 seems more reasonable with a decent guard, but I’d go a little higher if there is something that could convert quickly to include a spear for round bales without changing pins for another attachment. Currently using bucket mount bale spear for rounds, but some of the bigger alfalfa bales give me cause for concern with bucket stress.

Reccomendations, cool attachments you’ve seen, or even hypothetical available set somewhere between Minnesota and Oklahoma? And no, I’m not interested in clamp on, or chain binder types for this project.

Thanks in advance!

Convert it to skid steer quick attach and never look back. Loader will be worth a lot more and it will save you a ton of money on attachments in the future.

Cut the pin mounts off of your bucket and weld them (or have them welded) to something like this, then weld a skid steer plate to the bucket, and find any old pallet fork that fits a skid steer.

https://www.palletforks.com/weld-on-qui ... cnEALw_wcB

Nothing comes close in versatility to an actual set of pallet forks that have an adjustable width. Bucket forks do not slide, have a much lower capacity, and take more time and effort to attach.
0 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:30 pm

i got some off ebay for half the price delivered to my door( $500) , good and heavy as the land pride ones i bought locally
0 x

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:39 pm

Every auctions sale seems to have endless new quick attach skid steer attachments for sale. I got my pallet forks for about $500 and now I don't know how I survived without them. Fortunately our little T5.115 has skid steer quick attach so there was no need to adapt. Between the forks, bucket and bale spears it makes it pretty handy. And there are so many other possibilities as well.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:10 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
M-5 wrote:Slip the repair guy at the forklift repair shop a 20 and you can get all the forks you want then a simple frame and your all set.

im going to weld on a quick attach to mine one day.
That is what of I did to mine. I ordered a fairly heavy skid steer compatible quick attach plate from an Ebay seller and welded on.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”