My new used truck.

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: My new used truck.

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:37 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:Nice looking truck. I know where one is about like it that went over 33k miles a few days ago. Changed the fuel filter and put the battery maintainer back on.

TT really appreciates that.

He sure does.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:28 am

Tidy looking truck.

Ken
0 x

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:03 am

Nice looking pickup. How many miles?
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:04 am

Nice truck..
I bought another truck a month ago.. saw it up for sale, looked pretty straight and rust free..
93 dodge with a 5.9, 250,000 miles, runs like a top and not a speck of rust on it, though the paint is faded. I got it for about $3500 US, I have another grand into it for odds and ends, new seats, covers, and knick knacks

5 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:25 am

Nesikep wrote:Nice truck..
I bought another truck a month ago.. saw it up for sale, looked pretty straight and rust free..
93 dodge with a 5.9, 250,000 miles, runs like a top and not a speck of rust on it, though the paint is faded. I got it for about $3500 US, I have another grand into it for odds and ends, new seats, covers, and knick knacks

Nice truck when I clicked on it to enlarge there was a lot of women being advertised around the photo. Have you ever checked them out.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:41 am

hurleyjd wrote:
Nesikep wrote:Nice truck..

Nice truck when I clicked on it to enlarge there was a lot of women being advertised around the photo. Have you ever checked them out.

I guess my ad blocker works too well! darnit!
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Image

This is the first used truck I've bought since 1982. I've been looking for 4 months for a decent cheap diesel truck that I could use to pull a 20' stock trailer and a gooseneck flat bed every now and again. I'll only put 12k miles a year on the truck so hopefully it'll hold up. Everyone besides my dad thinks I'm crazy for not just buying another new truck. But spending $50k to $60k for the privilege of driving a new truck didn't make any sense to me.

Nice truck looks similar to the one i bought. Congrats.. I personally cant see spending 50-60k on a vehicle im probably going to beat to crap
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby snoopdog » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Sweet , I can't justify the price of a new one either .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

fence_it
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby fence_it » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:53 pm

I picked this one up in January. 1999 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 24v Cummins and a 5 speed. 230,000 miles. I removed the camper shell and put my tool box on. Also switched out the stock 16" wheels for 17" factory take-offs from a 2014. Will probably do an aftermarket lift pump but that's it. Would much rather drive this than a new one with a payment.

0 x
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:09 am

my 01 f250 just rolled over 100k.. hopefully it has another 100k in her but she's falling apart from rust.

So far my oil dipstick fell off, muffler fell off, both running boards, and my bed is about done. thats this year only.. I have a lto of ducttape holding her together. but i'll still pull a gooseneck load with her.. haha :)
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:11 am

ddd75 wrote:my 01 f250 just rolled over 100k.. hopefully it has another 100k in her but she's falling apart from rust.

So far my oil dipstick fell off, muffler fell off, both running boards, and my bed is about done. thats this year only.. I have a lto of ducttape holding her together. but i'll still pull a gooseneck load with her.. haha :)

Salt I presume?
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:14 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
ddd75 wrote:my 01 f250 just rolled over 100k.. hopefully it has another 100k in her but she's falling apart from rust.

Salt I presume?

yes.. they are terrible here with it. They HAVE to use it all because CONTRACTS! It'll be 50 degrees out.. but if its going to be like 30 that night.. they'll be out salting the roads and briming them. I passed one of them sitting in his truck on his phone on the side of the road 'salting' ( overtime pay).

Then I get a letter in the mail from the water company telling me not to use excess salt on my driveway / sidewalks becausea it'll leach into the water supply... WHAT??? hahahahahaha idiots.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:20 am

fence_it wrote:I picked this one up in January. 1999 Dodge 3/4 ton with a 24v Cummins and a 5 speed. 230,000 miles. I removed the camper shell and put my tool box on. Also switched out the stock 16" wheels for 17" factory take-offs from a 2014. Will probably do an aftermarket lift pump but that's it. Would much rather drive this than a new one with a payment.

Nice truck, just needs the other 1 1/2' of bed to be a real truck.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:23 am

ddd75 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Salt I presume?

yes.. they are terrible here with it. They HAVE to use it all because CONTRACTS! It'll be 50 degrees out.. but if its going to be like 30 that night.. they'll be out salting the roads and briming them. I passed one of them sitting in his truck on his phone on the side of the road 'salting' ( overtime pay).

Then I get a letter in the mail from the water company telling me not to use excess salt on my driveway / sidewalks becausea it'll leach into the water supply... WHAT??? hahahahahaha idiots.

It's to late for this truck but I under coat my truck a few times a year with used engine oil.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:25 am

jltrent wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:Nice looking truck. I know where one is about like it that went over 33k miles a few days ago. Changed the fuel filter and put the battery maintainer back on.

TT really appreciates that.
I'm taking real good care of it for him.

So when does TT get to take possession of the truck? Seems like he's been waiting a long time
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”