MF 240 rebuild questions

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
saltbranch
Rancher
Rancher

MF 240 rebuild questions

Postby saltbranch » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I just got a MF 240 Diesel and the steer cylinders are leaking. There is some kind of home grown hydraulic plate used to tap into the Hyd fluid system and has a slow leak on top about where the seat mount would be. The seat mount is a 2x6 and not stable at all. Good news it seems run good and pulling a 6' brushhog. I a getting ready to bring it home and remove some of the redneck engineering. Does any know where I can buy a manual for this tractor? What is the largest shredder that this unit can pull?
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Re: MF 240 rebuild questions

Postby Caustic Burno » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:04 pm

If I remember it’s got a 2.4 3 cylinder Perkins? Same Diesel that was in the 135. Rebuild kit was 250 bucks 20 years ago.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:36 am

There are valves and other accessories that can go where that plate is... I have a diverter valve and a original blockoff plate spare if you need them.. Diverter valve selects either the 3pt or whatever else.. I think they're a pretty decent little tractor, was looking for a 245 for a long time, ended up with a 255.. also have a 165.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby snoopdog » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:07 am

Good little tractors , that perkins just sips fuel , 6ft hog is about all it wants especially a heavy one, assuming 3pt.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:22 am

saltbranch wrote:I just got a MF 240 Diesel and the steer cylinders are leaking. There is some kind of home grown hydraulic plate used to tap into the Hyd fluid system and has a slow leak on top about where the seat mount would be. The seat mount is a 2x6 and not stable at all. Good news it seems run good and pulling a 6' brushhog. I a getting ready to bring it home and remove some of the redneck engineering. Does any know where I can buy a manual for this tractor? What is the largest shredder that this unit can pull?

The steering cylinders are a piece of cake to rebuild.
I've got the factory service manual for a 231 that I sold. I'll have to dig to find it. But you can sure have it.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:57 am

saltbranch wrote:I just got a MF 240 Diesel and the steer cylinders are leaking. There is some kind of home grown hydraulic plate used to tap into the Hyd fluid system and has a slow leak on top about where the seat mount would be. The seat mount is a 2x6 and not stable at all. Good news it seems run good and pulling a 6' brushhog. I a getting ready to bring it home and remove some of the redneck engineering. Does any know where I can buy a manual for this tractor? What is the largest shredder that this unit can pull?

The workshop manual for that series is available on line in PDF.
http://www.myedocs.com/onlinefiles/Mass ... M-0930.pdf

It's a pretty big file and can take awhile to load the page. It should start off like this:

0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

saltbranch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby saltbranch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:24 pm

Nesikep wrote:There are valves and other accessories that can go where that plate is... I have a diverter valve and a original blockoff plate spare if you need them.. Diverter valve selects either the 3pt or whatever else.. I think they're a pretty decent little tractor, was looking for a 245 for a long time, ended up with a 255.. also have a 165.

I am interested in both, how much for them? I can also provide a UPS or FEDEX account number to ship to me collect if those are options for you.
Thank you
0 x

saltbranch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby saltbranch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:31 pm

greybeard wrote:

It's a pretty big file and can take awhile to load the page. It should start off like this:

Thank you for the link, I got it down loaded
0 x

saltbranch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby saltbranch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:33 pm

callmefence wrote:

The steering cylinders are a piece of cake to rebuild.
I've got the factory service manual for a 231 that I sold. I'll have to dig to find it. But you can sure have it.

Thank you Sir for the offer, I got the one online downloaded now. Good to hear on the cylinders as I have not done one in over 20 years
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 am

saltbranch wrote:
Nesikep wrote:There are valves and other accessories that can go where that plate is... I have a diverter valve and a original blockoff plate spare if you need them.. Diverter valve selects either the 3pt or whatever else.. I think they're a pretty decent little tractor, was looking for a 245 for a long time, ended up with a 255.. also have a 165.

I am interested in both, how much for them? I can also provide a UPS or FEDEX account number to ship to me collect if those are options for you.
Thank you

I'll have to ask the old man what he wants for them... I'll get back to you
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

saltbranch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby saltbranch » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:46 pm

greybeard wrote:

Greybeard appearantly I am not fluent in this website. Any chance there is a manual for a Case 485 available to down load too?
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 pm

http://www.agcopartsbooks.com/PartsBook ... lt.aspx%3f
You can go to AGCO website and see the parts manual.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”