Kubota parts availability?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:22 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:17 am

I have a very good kubota dealer , I do always get the part number and price check internet . With shipping ,if I don't need it asap, I'll have it put on a stock order and pay no freight. Can't remember the last time i didn't do that , Just replaced cab glass on 5425 JD and it was a breeze . $89 for bottom right side front glass , installed myself with new rubber gasket no problem . Glass took about 5 business days .

Next time you get down on that 9960 , call me i'll get serious about it . Ive been looking for a M5 111 or 91 thats lightly used but seems next to impossible to find one . I good clean 9540 or 9960 would be just as good or better
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3337
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:42 am

jltrent wrote:The door handle part on the outside that mounts flush with the window broke on my M6800 out of the blue a couple days ago. It was lose just shaking in the door glass. It was all plastic about 1/2 lb. worth. THe local dealer had it and $66 dollars latter I am back in business. I broke the glass on my M9000 last year (dealer had it in stock) and if I remember correctly it was about $350 total to fix as I used the rubber seal over and repaired myself. Pretty good little job to fix. Maybe mine being older more parts available.

Image
Image


Any trouble with the air conditioner on your Kubotas
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3337
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Yantis, Texas

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:47 am

M-5 wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
jkwilson wrote:My best Kubota story is the washer fluid cap.

1. It is unique and it seems no other cap can replace it.
2. It is made out of a horrible, cheap plastic that becomes brittle months after being put into service.
3. It is not available as a replacement part. You have to buy the $180 washer fluid reservoir from Kubota to get one.


That’s when my tight a$$ would make one out of a cork or cellophane wrap and rubber band if I couldn’t find a whole new reservoir out of a junk vehicle.


I guess I should do a how too on using a 1 gallon gas jug to make a new washer fluid reservoir .


Both of my cab tractors have had the washer fluid reservoir gone for a long time. I keep a bottle of Windex in tool box and clean as needed. How is that for being cost effective. On the other tractors I just clean my eyeglasses.
0 x

Atimm693
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:44 am

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby Atimm693 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:51 am

jkwilson wrote:My best Kubota story is the washer fluid cap.

1. It is unique and it seems no other cap can replace it.
2. It is made out of a horrible, cheap plastic that becomes brittle months after being put into service.
3. It is not available as a replacement part. You have to buy the $180 washer fluid reservoir from Kubota to get one.


Find someone with a 3d printer, they may be able to make you a new one out of a tougher material.
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby jltrent » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:22 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
jltrent wrote:The door handle part on the outside that mounts flush with the window broke on my M6800 out of the blue a couple days ago. It was lose just shaking in the door glass. It was all plastic about 1/2 lb. worth. THe local dealer had it and $66 dollars latter I am back in business. I broke the glass on my M9000 last year (dealer had it in stock) and if I remember correctly it was about $350 total to fix as I used the rubber seal over and repaired myself. Pretty good little job to fix. Maybe mine being older more parts available.

Image
Image


Any trouble with the air conditioner on your Kubotas


The key to the Kubota AC is to keep the Condenser clean, the little radiator in front of the radiator and also keep the tractor radiator and inter-cooler radiator clean. Mine cools good and better than the cab tractor John Deere I have. I would say if the tractor is in dusty condition a lot, probably wouldn't be a bad ideal to raise the top and also clean the evaporator every 3-4 years for maximum cooling ( I have cleaned the evaporator on the M9000 once and it needed it). They also have the site glass and you want to keep it were you can see some bubbles, not solid. The people that complain, don't even know the Tractor AC system has a condenser on it, much less clean it. I have not had any problems, but if I do I have an AC vacuum pump, nice set of manifold gauges, several cans of yellow dye to find leaks, black light leak finder and can usually fix them pretty easy myself. The key is to not overfill and use the proper amount of pag oil in the system.

I use these at least a couple times a year on all the radiators (AC, intercooler, and antifreeze radiator) and it keeps the tractors running cool and the AC cold.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tractor-Radiat ... SwbYZXcqUS
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby jltrent » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:20 am

TGF, are you back riding in climate control yet?
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6071
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 am

jltrent wrote:TGF, are you back riding in climate control yet?

Should be today JL, the window came in Thursday. They wanted to put the window in Friday but we've been wide open with our GCA convention, trade show and cow sales.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Kubota parts availability?

Postby jltrent » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:20 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
jltrent wrote:TGF, are you back riding in climate control yet?

Should be today JL, the window came in Thursday. They wanted to put the window in Friday but we've been wide open with our GCA convention, trade show and cow sales.



Glad you got it as during hay season that wait would have been a cluster. Running the tractor fan and/or AC without the door would have pulled dust in and clogged the in cab dust filter and possibly the evaporator.
0 x


Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests