Kubota RTV X 900 opinions ?

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Kubota RTV X 900 opinions ?

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:00 pm

jd720 wrote:A comment about impressing the neighbor in one of the other posts kinda made me chuckle a little. I`ve always said the people that need a utv can`t afford them but those that don`t need them seem to always have them. I`ve gotten by with the old 4 wheeler for 17 years but my neighbor who has a 3 acre place to take care of bought a new Gator a few years back and was more than happy to let me know it was a little over $16,000 he paid for it. I`m sure a used golf cart for $800 would`ve served the purpose just fine for his uses but it certainly wouldn`t have the cool factor like the Gator which he keeps in his garage and all shined up at all times. I pretty well made my mind up to buy a Kubota after I saw a RTV X900 parked beside a 825I gator at the Kubota dealer to me it looked much heavier made and more for work than the Gator. After pricing both there`s very little difference in price.

It's the exact opposite. Looks can be deceiving. The hydrostatic transmission sucks so you can't work it that hard. Ive been there and watched the Kubotas with the hydrsatics not even spin the tires in a bind. Look at your towing and payload specs compared to other brands. Look at the torque compared to other brands.

GB hit the nail on the head. Nothing has changed.

They do have some with CVTs I think.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:08 pm

All our tractors, loaders, etc are Kubota but we didn't like the RTV because of our rocky, hilly, sometimes steep terrain - it's just too heavy, sits too low. Speed (or lack thereof) was not a factor. Not a fan of the diesel on a utility vehicle because of the noise & smell.
For what it's worth, when my husband was recovering from surgery and I was doing all the work (manual labor!) a friend of ours that owns a Chevy/Polaris/Hustler dealership brought out one of the Hustler MDV's for me to use, mainly because of the hydraulic bed feature - it doesn't just tip/dump, it will lay flat on the ground. It's a serious work machine but for the ridiculous price, which doesn't include features, I wouldn't buy one.
https://www.hustlerturf.com/products/mdv
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:58 pm

i pulled a f450 2wd pulling a 18' enclosed trailer loaded up with a lot of weight up a small incline in slick deep mud. all 4 wheels spinning I pulled him about 40'. not sure what else you could expect from a little diesel utility vehicle.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 pm

ddd75 wrote:i pulled a f450 2wd pulling a 18' enclosed trailer loaded up with a lot of weight up a small incline in slick deep mud. all 4 wheels spinning I pulled him about 40'. not sure what else you could expect from a little diesel utility vehicle.

Proof once again you can't fix stupid. Everyone knows diesel engines don't make any torque, and the hydrostatic transmission is the same one used in all the smaller hydrostatic tractors Kubota builds. I'm still waiting for all the tractor and truck companies to start running belt drive transmissions.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 pm

That's great that it did that... that one time... but I guarantee you it will let you down eventually and at the worse time.

They do not like sand or boggy ground or when you are really getting good traction and binding it up. As long as its slick and your spinning you are good.

I shared my experiences yall shared yalls. Like I said... I don't really care what the OP buys. Kubota mechanis have yo feed their families too.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:46 am

they don't like boggy ground?

we have around 8' of topsoil here. when I first moved I had a path going back to the barn . In the winter it was so wet I kept getting deeper and deeper. that UTV would go through the slick deep mud all the way up the floorboards and still going through it.
0 x

BobbyLummus1
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby BobbyLummus1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 pm

The Kubota hard to beat for the farm and work . Will not double as a recreational vehicle like a ranger or mule nor is it suppose to . like comparing a dually to jeep wrangler . Kubota has a 50 hp cvt gas machine meant to compete with the ranger coming soon, like couple months . The hunt club , trail riding , camping , homeowner , small farm people in my opinion will be better suited with a cvt gas machine ( which kubota sells too ) . The more commercial operations be better served by the kubota hydros
2 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”