New Ford cab and chassis

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
cfpinz
GURU
GURU

New Ford cab and chassis

Postby cfpinz » Tue May 29, 2018 10:10 pm

Anyone bought one of the newer Fords with the 6.7 in a cab and chassis? The engines are supposesly derated from 935 ft/lbs down to 750. Just curious if it's really that noticeable? Haven't been able to find a c/c here locally to drive, but the pickup bed trucks are pretty peppy.

Thanks.
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Re: New Ford cab and chassis

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Wed May 30, 2018 6:01 am

No, but the Ram c/c are de-rated in similar fashion. It is noticeable, but I still pull 30k everyday and it keeps up fine. If you are going to use it hard, the de-rated engine will keep everything else from breaking in two, and still have more power than any of us ever thought we'd have in a pickup.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

cfpinz
GURU
GURU

Postby cfpinz » Wed May 30, 2018 6:39 am

Thanks.

I like the c-channel frame and spring pack a lot better on the c/c models, the box frames make me nervous.
0 x
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Wed May 30, 2018 5:13 pm

The Dodge C&C I have has been great. I couldnt notice a power difference in the truck I traded for it. My mechanic says it will last forever because its ot being pushed to the edge like the regular trucks. Same things FFS is saying. Just seems like a tougher truck overall. Rougher riding but not terrible
0 x

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Why did they de rate them?
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 pm

5S Cattle wrote:Why did they de rate them?

I have always wondered that myself.
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 pm

Because 99% of them are driven by someone other than the guy that pays for the trucks and the maintenance. I don't destroy my equipment, the help does.
2 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:06 pm

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.
0 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 pm

hillbilly beef man wrote:

Because the EPA made all auto makers de-rate their diesel C&C starting in 2011 model years. C&C diesel trucks have to emit the same pollutants per mile (ppm) driven as their pickup counter parts. The C&C trucks also have to do this with any foreseeable upfitted bed. In layman's terms a C&C with a 12 ft tall box bed on it has to emit the same ppm as a pickup. The easiest way for manufactures to meet the more stringent environmental regs. for C&C is to drop the HP and TQ versus their pickup counterparts.

Ok,that actually makes sense. Thanks
0 x

Texasmark
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Texasmark » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:45 am

Okayeeeee. I have 2 c/c rigs, one rated and the other derated, each hooked to a 30k load. What difference does it make to me?
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”