Paint Sprayers advice needed.......

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Paint Sprayers advice needed.......

Postby jltrent » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:50 am

Has anybody tried one of these or something similar? My steel post are all rusty (as I am a little OCD) and I would like to have something I could spray that is cordless and works good without the hassle of dragging a generator and/or electric/gas air compressor around spray painting. When the steel post rust they rust the cross wire even though it is galvanize and shortens the life.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graco-Ultra-Co ... 1438.l2649

0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Re: Paint Sprayers advice needed.......

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 am

Buy some of the painting mitts and hire you a Mexican to paint the post.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:44 am

Better than the mitts. Or the sprayer.
A box of rubber gloves and a pack of socks.
Cheaper, holds up better and doesn't leave hair in the paint like alot of the mitts do.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:07 am

jltrent wrote:Has anybody tried one of these or something similar? My steel post are all rusty (as I am a little OCD) and I would like to have something I could spray that is cordless and works good without the hassle of dragging a generator and/or electric/gas air compressor around spray painting. When the steel post rust they rust the cross wire even though it is galvanize and shortens the life.

:lol: :lol: Thats funny. I think a perfectionist like yourself should paint it with a brush 8)
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:14 pm

0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:31 pm

HDRider wrote:Not cheap

Here is what Amazons say

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Cordless-A ... merReviews
For the cost it ought to be good as reviews are not great. My son worked at Sherwin Williams part time in school and they carried these. I could have gotten one a lot cheaper with his discount and maybe a return real cheap...He still has some connections there if I knew it would work to suit me. I brushed on about 200 post a few years ago and used Walmart paint. If I ever brush anymore on it will be the best paint I can find as the Walmart paint was sorry. On the sock deal, do you just put on a rubber glove with a sock on and put it on that way? It that how they do it out west?
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:20 pm

Painting T posts?? I'd just as soon be kicked in the satchel...
1 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:29 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
jltrent wrote:Has anybody tried one of these or something similar? My steel post are all rusty (as I am a little OCD) and I would like to have something I could spray that is cordless and works good without the hassle of dragging a generator and/or electric/gas air compressor around spray painting. When the steel post rust they rust the cross wire even though it is galvanize and shortens the life.

:lol: :lol: Thats funny. I think a perfectionist like yourself should paint it with a brush 8)
:lol:
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:53 am

skyhightree1 wrote:

Yes, a 3/4" wide brush at that.
actually, you should just replace all those ugly rusted tee posts....if thy tee post offends thee...pluck it out

:hide:
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:10 am

greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

actually, you should just replace all those ugly rusted tee posts....if thy tee post offends thee...pluck it out

:lol: :nod:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:24 am

greybeard wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

Hadn't though of that actually....sometimes the hard way is the best fix..... :lol:
0 x

BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigBear » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:37 am

jltrent wrote:
HDRider wrote:Not cheap

Here is what Amazons say

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Cordless-A ... merReviews
For the cost it ought to be good as reviews are not great. My son worked at Sherwin Williams part time in school and they carried these. I could have gotten one a lot cheaper with his discount and maybe a return real cheap...He still has some connections there if I knew it would work to suit me. I brushed on about 200 post a few years ago and used Walmart paint. If I ever brush anymore on it will be the best paint I can find as the Walmart paint was sorry. On the sock deal, do you just put on a rubber glove with a sock on and put it on that way? It that how they do it out west?

Like your son I also did my tour with SW. They really make sure you know your stuff to work there. I would be more concerned about how to get the rust off the existing posts. SW or Walmart paint will not matter if you can’t get back to bare metal.

Wire brush or wire wheel treatment then wipe with acetone followed by a good heavy coat of a hi solids rust preventative primer (like KemKromik, ask your boy) and then a good waterbased finish like DTM. That system would last you many years
0 x
Well he's tall in the saddle, short on the cash
The last to quit, the first to buy the beer

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:51 am

buy galvanized t posts.
0 x

Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”