Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
User avatar
sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:04 am
Location: Bulls Gap, TN

Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby sstterry » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:34 pm

For those of you that have researched it, what is the difference between the Priefert models S04 and S0191?
0 x

User avatar
JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:45 pm

sstterry wrote:For those of you that have researched it, what is the difference between the Priefert models S04 and S0191?


$1000-$1200 bucks.

Edited to add: I misread your original question. Size and strength as well as weight would be correct as well. Also the SO4 is more operator friendly. All the levers that control various functions can be worked by one person standing in one spot. The SO4 has been on my want list for some time but so far I haven’t pulled the trigger bc there always seems to be something else I need worse.
Last edited by JMJ Farms on Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

User avatar
bird dog
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1226
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: North Central Texas

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby bird dog » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:12 pm

size and strength
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2171
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby jltrent » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 am

On the SO191 if you get the auto head gate option they work good......I have had cows that weighed 1600 and a bull 2200 through mine as it has the auto gate if lubed works great.

SO4

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 80”
Overall Length: 94.5”
Overall Width (including handles): 53”
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5” (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87”
Inside Width: 24” at the Belly Pipe, 30” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

SO191

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 78”
Overall Length: 90”
Overall Width: 42”
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57”
Inside Length: 81”
Inside Width: 23” at the Belly Pipe, 28”” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

Image
1 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1107
Joined: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:37 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby torogmc81 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:16 am

Vet highly recommended NOT buying a Prefiert when I asked him opinion. He suggested Cowco instead. I'm not ready to buy yet but have some more research to do, but going to be hard to go against word of man working, breeding, and everything under the sun to do with cows for the last 40-50 yrs …..
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7219
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

torogmc81 wrote:Vet highly recommended NOT buying a Prefiert when I asked him opinion. He suggested Cowco instead. I'm not ready to buy yet but have some more research to do, but going to be hard to go against word of man working, breeding, and everything under the sun to do with cows for the last 40-50 yrs …..

Cowco is a good chute, it's built very similar to an Arrow. The Arrow has a few features that makes it better IMO.
The Farm show in Louisville is a good place to see different chutes, and the manufacturers are trying to sell their products.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Rajela
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:58 pm
Location: S. E. Okla

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby Rajela » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:57 am

jltrent wrote:On the SO191 if you get the auto head gate option they work good......I have had cows that weighed 1600 and a bull 2200 through mine as it has the auto gate if lubed works great.

SO4

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 80”
Overall Length: 94.5”
Overall Width (including handles): 53”
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5” (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87”
Inside Width: 24” at the Belly Pipe, 30” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

SO191

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 78”
Overall Length: 90”
Overall Width: 42”
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57”
Inside Length: 81”
Inside Width: 23” at the Belly Pipe, 28”” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

Image



The S0191 is “The Rancher” chute with the Model 91 headgate, which operates in manual or automatic mode. This upgrade makes the S0191 a popular choice for ranchers. *
0 x

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15393
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: Alabama the Beautiful

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:32 pm

[quote="jltrent"]On the SO191 if you get the auto head gate option they work good......I have had cows that weighed 1600 and a bull 2200 through mine as it has the auto gate if lubed works great.

SO4

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 80”
Overall Length: 94.5”
Overall Width (including handles): 53”
Weight: 1210 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 62.5” (Floor to inside top of the tailgate frame)
Inside Length: 87”
Inside Width: 24” at the Belly Pipe, 30” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual/Automatic Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

SO191

Specs ~
Lubricate infinite locks with light oil (i.e. original WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil or any oil with Teflon or silicon additives.
Overall Height: 78”
Overall Length: 90”
Overall Width: 42”
Weight: 976 lbs (All weights approximate)
Inside Height: 57”
Inside Length: 81”
Inside Width: 23” at the Belly Pipe, 28”” at the bend of the contoured side panels
Comes standard with the HG91 Manual Headgate
Includes Head Chain (HC)
Dip Painted Priefert Blue

Image[/ I bet if you took a picture in a complete circle, it would have a chain saw in it :D
0 x
there are two ways to argue with a woman.....neither one works..

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 11587
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:07 am

Sioux Steel
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6986
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:10 am

I have an S04. I like it. I have a couple cows that are too big. One cannot get in. She is too wide. If I were buying a new one, I might get something different but it has not failed me.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 7354
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:24 am

Bought an S04 last year, no complaints about the squeeze chute or how it functions. There were some neat features on other brands like Arrow but they are also quite a bit more expensive. It depends on your needs. I am a fan of the auto catch on the Priefert. I have a couple videos on here of it working if you search back.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

User avatar
BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: Priefert Squeeze Chutes

Postby BigBear » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:20 pm

I have an SO1 “Rancher” and I have been pretty happy with it but haven’t used it a lot. I’ve ran 300 lb calves through it and a 2000 lb Hereford bull a few weeks ago. It has the same 191 headgate the SO4 has.
0 x
Well he's tall in the saddle, short on the cash
The last to quit, the first to buy the beer


Return to “Trucks, Tractors and Machinery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests