Pro Team Machinery sale Saturday...

Discuss your favorite brand and how to fix it.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Pro Team Machinery sale Saturday...

Postby jltrent » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:04 am

cfpinz wrote:
jltrent wrote:I went to the sale and bid on a small tractor, but taking the buyers premium in consideration it brought $100 more than my highest bid and with the buyers premium adds up. I thought things sold well and there was a good crowd.

Thank you for letting me know what the backhoe brought, that was a pretty good chunk of change all things considered.

Auctions that charge a buyer's premium really get under my skin, I try to avoid buying anything from them on principle.

Not many left around here that doesn't hit the seller 10% on the front end and the buyer 10% on the back end, internet buyers 12%. Tyler Brothers machinery auction is 8-18-18 at Maryville, Tennessee just outside Knoxville that doesn't charge a buyers premium and usually has a big sale. I would like to go.

https://www.tbfe.com/auction

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:12 am

jltrent wrote:
cfpinz wrote:
jltrent wrote:I went to the sale and bid on a small tractor, but taking the buyers premium in consideration it brought $100 more than my highest bid and with the buyers premium adds up. I thought things sold well and there was a good crowd.

Thank you for letting me know what the backhoe brought, that was a pretty good chunk of change all things considered.

Auctions that charge a buyer's premium really get under my skin, I try to avoid buying anything from them on principle.

Not many left around here that doesn't hit the seller 10% on the front end and the buyer 10% on the back end, internet buyers 12%. Tyler Brothers machinery auction is 8-18-18 at Maryville, Tennessee just outside Knoxville that doesn't charge a buyers premium and usually has a big sale. I would like to go.

https://www.tbfe.com/auction

Ive just about quit going to auctions . all of them around here 10% seller and a 10% buyers premium. I just can't do it when used equipment bring retail prices.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:13 am

cfpinz wrote:

I don't go to buyers penalty auctions. They charge the seller and buyer in which I don't agree with. I wish everyone would stop going to buyers penalty sales.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:54 am

I had to pay a buyers premuim as I went to the Proteam auction, but I thought I did well, I got MS440, MS391, MS311 with all like new compression. I have worked on junk like this for years and all three are repaired and ready go. I got the MS440 25" bar (very sweet little saw)for $210 (stole it basically). Only one other guy bid against me on them (big crowd there).

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 am

Nice saws I'm glad you did well but I just can't deal with buyers premium
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:38 am

skyhightree1 wrote:Nice saws I'm glad you did well but I just can't deal with buyers premium

On the buyers premium you just have to keep it in your mind while bidding that it is part of the final price. I bid on a 3000 ford tractor mint condition for the model year and when it got to the point with the premuin added, the worth in my mind I stopped. It was a cream puff for the model as I test everything, also had hydraulics, new Interstate battery. The brakes, steering, clutch, PTO, lift arms etc. etc. work as they should with actual 1500 hrs.

sstterry
Rancher
Rancher

Postby sstterry » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 pm

jltrent wrote:I had to pay a buyers premuim as I went to the Proteam auction, but I thought I did well, I got MS440, MS391, MS311 with all like new compression. I have worked on junk like this for years and all three are repaired and ready go. I got the MS440 25" bar (very sweet little saw)for $210 (stole it basically). Only one other guy bid against me on them (big crowd there).

When I was there looking around on the day before the auction, I saw those saws and thought of you! I am glad you picked them up!

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:19 pm

sstterry wrote:
jltrent wrote:I had to pay a buyers premuim as I went to the Proteam auction, but I thought I did well, I got MS440, MS391, MS311 with all like new compression. I have worked on junk like this for years and all three are repaired and ready go. I got the MS440 25" bar (very sweet little saw)for $210 (stole it basically). Only one other guy bid against me on them (big crowd there).

When I was there looking around on the day before the auction, I saw those saws and thought of you! I am glad you picked them up!

I thought they would sell higher, but all went on the low side I thought. It is kinda like buying a pig in a poke as there can be a lot wrong with them and parts are expensive.