Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Discuss the things that affect the cattle industry.
jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:25 pm

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby jehosofat » Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Silver wrote: It is undeniable that Canadian beef is the best in the world


I don't buy that statement.
0 x

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 9:37 am

jehosofat wrote:
Silver wrote: It is undeniable that Canadian beef is the best in the world


I don't buy that statement.


That's nice.
0 x

wbvs58
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 am
Location: S.E. Queensland, Australia

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby wbvs58 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:04 pm

jehosofat wrote:
Silver wrote: It is undeniable that Canadian beef is the best in the world


I don't buy that statement.


Neither do I and we are in the TPP as well, we will give you a run for your money.

I was reading the other day that although you have access to these markets like China with reduced tarriffs or what ever that only limited beef is eligible as it has to come through certain accredited processing plants.

Ken
0 x

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 8:19 pm

wbvs58 wrote:
jehosofat wrote:
Silver wrote: It is undeniable that Canadian beef is the best in the world


I don't buy that statement.


Neither do I and we are in the TPP as well, we will give you a run for your money.

I was reading the other day that although you have access to these markets like China with reduced tarriffs or what ever that only limited beef is eligible as it has to come through certain accredited processing plants.

Ken


This is interesting. I made that statement mostly because True Grit made about the same statement and no one called him on it so rather than dispute it made the same claim. He gets off the hook and I get called on it.. strange....
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6761
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun May 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Canada definitely has good beef, I don't think I said it's the best though. Australia also has good beef, the higher percentage of Angus the better the beef on average.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
Silver
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 710
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 am
Location: BC

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby Silver » Sun May 27, 2018 8:59 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Canada definitely has good beef, I don't think I said it's the best though. Australia also has good beef, the higher percentage of Angus the better the beef on average.


Well, you did say it: "Our beef is the best the world and people are willing and do pay more for US beef."

And that's fine, I don't have a problem with folks feeling that their product is the best. Just for my own curiosity I thought I'd make much the same claim as you to see if anyone got riled. Sometimes I just like to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. :) You can learn quite a bit that way sometimes ;)
0 x

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6761
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 pm

Silver wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Canada definitely has good beef, I don't think I said it's the best though. Australia also has good beef, the higher percentage of Angus the better the beef on average.


Well, you did say it: "Our beef is the best the world and people are willing and do pay more for US beef."

And that's fine, I don't have a problem with folks feeling that their product is the best. Just for my own curiosity I thought I'd make much the same claim as you to see if anyone got riled. Sometimes I just like to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. :) You can learn quite a bit that way sometimes ;)


I'm good with that, learned along time ago "if you can't take it don't dish it out"
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3800
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:45 am
Location: S.E. Queensland, Australia

Re: Why don't cattle people like TPP?

Postby wbvs58 » Mon May 28, 2018 2:56 am

Yeh I'm a bit like that I like to stir occaisionally and see who bites.

Ken
1 x


Return to “NCBA, R-CALF, COOL, USDA (No Politics!)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests