Cattle Selling

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Cattle Selling

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:18 am

There has been convoys of 24 foot and more goosenecks full of cattle heading north on Highway 154 through Yantis to the sale barns in Sulphur Springs and Paris Texas since the first of 2017.
0 x

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle Selling

Postby RanchMan90 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Lots of cattle in that area. They had 1200 in Paris Saturday, close to that many on Wednesday also.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:05 pm

hurleyjd wrote:There has been convoys of 24 foot and more goosenecks full of cattle heading north on Highway 154 through Yantis to the sale barns in Sulphur Springs and Paris Texas since the first of 2017.

What do you make of that Hurley?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:20 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:There has been convoys of 24 foot and more goosenecks full of cattle heading north on Highway 154 through Yantis to the sale barns in Sulphur Springs and Paris Texas since the first of 2017.

Could be age of the rancher or maybe the banker has gone as far as he is willing.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm

Thursday KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY had 1633 hd. largest sale I've seen them have in a good while. Lots of weaned feeder steers hit the auction block. Guess several are tired holding them back and the market went up here a bit.
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:37 pm

Lower bred cow demand and more dispersal sales here. Solid mouth cows are running about $915 average.
0 x
Stocker Steve

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:26 pm

hurleyjd wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Could be age of the rancher or maybe the banker has gone as far as he is willing.

Here is another reason:
The next Netbio sale will be January 18, 2017

!!!!BOOKS ARE CLOSED ON JANUARY NETBIO!!!

!!!8,000+ HEAD CONSIGNED!!!
Along with our Regular Sale, Monday, January 23rd!
23 Black Cows. All from one place,
20 are bred to Register Brangus bulls
5 will be pairs
45 Crossbred Pairs. All from one Ranch.
2-6 years old. Running with Black Bulls
Thes cattle will sale at approx, 3:30

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sale Announcement
Sale Announcement
0 x

Ojp6
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Ojp6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:04 am

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Thursday KY-TN Livestock in Guthrie, KY had 1633 hd. largest sale I've seen them have in a good while. Lots of weaned feeder steers hit the auction block. Guess several are tired holding them back and the market went up here a bit.

Lots of the cattle bought by backgrounders in November are coming to town right now. They are making big money on those five weight heifers bought for 1.00 and under selling as weaned loads in the low 1.20s. Over 400 weaned 6 and 7 weight heifers were there Thursday, and in talking to the guys that brought them almost all of them were very profitable. I saw a set of steers that had been bought as oddball thin light weights in Guthrie come back as weaned 4 weights and they advanced around .40 cents over what they cost when they were bought, and they had gained 125 lbs.
0 x
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom - Dwight Eisenhower

Ojp6
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Ojp6 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:09 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

I know that at least in the area I am at, a lot of the farmers that held back cattle until after the first of the year need to sell them now. A combination of better prices and cattle getting too big are leading to big sales. I have seen several bunches of 925-1050 lb steers coming through sales in this area and that tells me that people have been holding cattle, because most in this area sell everything before it hits 850.
0 x
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom - Dwight Eisenhower

bmcdonald
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby bmcdonald » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:34 am

I read somewhere that usda reported that last week cattle auction sale, broke the record for the most cattle sold ever.
0 x
Why would you step over a dollar to pick up a dime
Welcome to the cattle business

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:34 am

bmcdonald wrote:I read somewhere that usda reported that last week cattle auction sale, broke the record for the most cattle sold ever.

Figures. I'm sitting on a good sized group of calves.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:29 am

Sales were lower here by quit a bit most dumped right after the first of the year.
Slaughter cows and bulls are lower by 6 to 7 dollar dollars per hundred.
Feeders up by three to four per hundred
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

Return to “Cattle Sales”