Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:52 am

I got my sale book this week. Deer Valley is having their sale March 25th. I went a couple of years ago and it was a first class sale.

Anybody from CT planning to attend?

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/d ... 032517api/
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:34 am

That's opening morning of turkey season in Georgia or I'd be there.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:40 am

True Grit Farms wrote:That's opening morning of turkey season in Georgia or I'd be there.


I believe you would, you're a traveling man like no other.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:59 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I got my sale book this week. Deer Valley is having their sale March 25th. I went a couple of years ago and it was a first class sale.

Anybody from CT planning to attend?

http://www.angusjournal.com/salebooks/d ... 032517api/


TennesseeTuxedo, SS is sponsoring so I'm planning on going to the sale now. I'm leaving Friday to look the cattle over and then eating supper at the Deer Valley Farm. Will I see you there?
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:25 am

You will on Saturday Sir.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:05 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:You will on Saturday Sir.


Good deal looking forward to it, I'll have someone you need to meet with me. But please don't hold that against me.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:You will on Saturday Sir.


Good deal looking forward to it, I'll have someone you need to meet with me. But please don't hold that against me.


Lol, sounds like a plan.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Bump.

Is anyone else from CT planning on going Saturday?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4550
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

I'm a little surprised that more folks from CT aren't going to be at the sale. Anybody with a little luck and money can do what Deer Valley has accomplished. This is the part of the operation that really has my interest, if they can do it anyone can.
I know a guy form Georgia that bought semen interest on Deer Valley All In, and he did extremely well last year.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:51 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:I'm a little surprised that more folks from CT aren't going to be at the sale. Anybody with a little luck and money can do what Deer Valley has accomplished. This is the part of the operation that really has my interest, if they can do it anyone can.
I know a guy form Georgia that bought semen interest on Deer Valley All In, and he did extremely well last year.


All it takes is a lot of money, know how, and hard work.

I'm short on all three.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

kilroy60
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:58 am

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby kilroy60 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:34 am

My plans are to watch on live auction. Interested in seeing how this sale goes and where prices are headed.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:47 am
Location: KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby ddd75 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:03 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I'm a little surprised that more folks from CT aren't going to be at the sale. Anybody with a little luck and money can do what Deer Valley has accomplished. This is the part of the operation that really has my interest, if they can do it anyone can.
I know a guy form Georgia that bought semen interest on Deer Valley All In, and he did extremely well last year.


All it takes is a lot of money, know how, and hard work.

I'm short on all three.

haha, i heard that
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:59 am

Final bump, I'd sure like to meet any CT folks who might be attending tomorrow.

Grit, I'll see you in the morning!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
jscunn
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1179
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:52 am
Location: Northwest Florida

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby jscunn » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:25 pm

True Grit,
I used alittle Deer Valley All In this winter, tell me what you think of the ALL IN progeny you see, and if you see something better. Thanks and have fun.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Deer Valley Farms Spring Bull Sale March 25th

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:13 pm

We'll take good notes JS.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.


Return to “Cattle Sales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests