Retail beef prices are dropping.

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Retail beef prices are dropping.

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 am

angus9259 wrote:
M.Magis wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
You have me on the ropes like always. So with US beef exports up 12.5 percent and the price falling at the grocery stores, Mexican beef has no input on the US market? I'm trying to figure out what point your wanting to debate.
I didn't go to Harvard, just the school of hard knocks.

No one said it had no input. But you implied it was the primary factor in the price drop, which is absolutely incorrect.

And that the primary import threat is Mexico which is also a dubious claim. Bottom line, we all need someone to blame when things go wrong (translation - go our way). Blaming is counterproductive in every facet of life. Don't need a Harvard degree for that. That info comes from the school of hard knocks.

Well I can only go on what I see and the answers to my questions from the butcher's. We ask all time where did the beef come from? From New York to Florida I've got the same answer. The cheapest beef is from Mexico every time.
We refuse to eat foreign beef, seafood and vegetables if at all possible, our life could depend on it.
I'm not blaming anyone for anything, life's good let's keep it that way.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
M.Magis wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
You have me on the ropes like always. So with US beef exports up 12.5 percent and the price falling at the grocery stores, Mexican beef has no input on the US market? I'm trying to figure out what point your wanting to debate.

No one said it had no input. But you implied it was the primary factor in the price drop, which is absolutely incorrect.

Alright then, why is the beef price dropping when the US is exporting more beef?

I'm seeing price improvements at the sales I track. I'd say prices are normalizing after the anomaly of higher prices on the hoof we saw in 2014-2015. We all knew those prices were unsustainable.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:07 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:
M.Magis wrote:No one said it had no input. But you implied it was the primary factor in the price drop, which is absolutely incorrect.

Alright then, why is the beef price dropping when the US is exporting more beef?

I'm seeing price improvements at the sales I track. I'd say prices are normalizing after the anomaly of higher prices on the hoof we saw in 2014-2015. We all knew those prices were unsustainable.

I'd like to see the prices hold about where there at now, it's good for everyone. If fuel and fertilizer stay close to the same price a good cattlemen can make money.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:43 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

I'd like to see the prices hold about where there at now, it's good for everyone. If fuel and fertilizer stay close to the same price a good cattlemen can make money.

Finally we can agree!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
M.Magis wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

Because I no longer get in excess of $1600 for a 500 lb calf.......
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Return to “Cattle Sales”