Roaaad Trip !

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Roaaad Trip !

Postby Stocker Steve » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:07 pm

Dad was in town so we went hit the road today after chores. Looked over a used Case tractor, went to two bull sales, won a door prize, and stopped at a micro brewery on the way to a Johnny Cash Tribute show. I love the cattle business!!!

The sale pricing was all over -- with some grade yearling heifers at about $800 and most registered yearling heifers at about $1400. The grade heifers were green and the registered heifers were greasy... :nod: How does an average producer justify buying a shiny $1400 yearling?
0 x
Stocker Steve

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Roaaad Trip !

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:29 am

Stocker Steve wrote:Dad was in town so we went hit the road today after chores. Looked over a used Case tractor, went to two bull sales, won a door prize, and stopped at a micro brewery on the way to a Johnny Cash Tribute show. I love the cattle business!!!

The sale pricing was all over -- with some grade yearling heifers at about $800 and most registered yearling heifers at about $1400. The grade heifers were green and the registered heifers were greasy... :nod: How does an average producer justify buying a shiny $1400 yearling?

Sounds like a great day!
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Roaaad Trip !

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:40 am

What a Great Day... especially that you spent it with your dad!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Return to “Cattle Sales”