US Exports of Beef To China

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
TexFarmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

US Exports of Beef To China

Postby TexFarmer » Fri May 12, 2017 12:25 pm

China has agreed to re-open US exports of beef for the first time since 2003. How do you think this will affect cattle prices, if any?
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: US Exports of Beef To China

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 12:35 pm

Positive.

More important, it helps mitigate the huge trade deficit with China.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri May 12, 2017 12:40 pm

Sounds like the Trump train has rolled through.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 12:41 pm

This administration Is doing good things with China IMO
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Sounds like the Trump train has rolled through.

We posted one minute apart!!!!

When the two biggest economies on the planet cooperate. It must scare the heII out of the rest.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm

Trump can screw up most other foreign policy matters but if he gets it right with China, all will be forgiven.

Many are not old enough to remember but President Nixon is recognized for one positive (although not many others) opening the door to one of the world's great cultures - China.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 12, 2017 3:12 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Trump can screw up most other foreign policy matters but if he gets it right with China, all will be forgiven.

Many are not old enough to remember but President Nixon is recognized for one positive (although not many others) opening the door to one of the world's great cultures - China.

Let me stir the pot, he also ended the Democrat war in Vietnam.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri May 12, 2017 3:32 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Trump can screw up most other foreign policy matters but if he gets it right with China, all will be forgiven.

Let me stir the pot, he also ended the Democrat war in Vietnam.

Very astute for an Angus man if I remember my history correct the Democrats have taken us in a major war almost 2 to 1 over the Republicans.
The major parties before 1860 were name differently but where the fathers of the current system.
0 x
I am the NRA
Brimmer Pimp

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Back to the topic at hand, I think it's terrific that we will be able to start shipping beef to China. This was announce last summer under the previous regime but there wasn't a firm time table.
0 x

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Fri May 12, 2017 3:53 pm

I guess we can assume there will be a big tariff added so no one can buy it.
0 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 12, 2017 3:59 pm

shaz wrote:I guess we can assume there will be a big tariff added so no one can buy it.

If we're smart and only ship CAB then the tariff won't matter, they'll gladly pay it.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Fri May 12, 2017 4:15 pm

I read that in return we will allow (among other things) cooked Chinese poultry into the US. Given their adulterated food supply and complete lack of oversight of it, I sure hope that it will be clear to US consumers at the point of purchase that it's Chinese chicken (reminds me of a Barenaked Ladies song: anyone else?). But my understanding is that often it's baked (ha) into these trade deals that labels simply making people aware of the country of origin are often not allowed. I think that's wrong. Very wrong. When we're importing food from a country with zero consumer protection (h#ll, they don't care if they poison their own citizens), there's no way Americans don't have a right to know what they're eating. And if our beef export agreement allows that as a quid pro quo, then shame on us.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri May 12, 2017 4:21 pm

boondocks wrote:I read that in return we will allow (among other things) cooked Chinese poultry into the US. Given their adulterated food supply and complete lack of oversight of it, I sure hope that it will be clear to US consumers at the point of purchase that it's Chinese chicken (reminds me of a Barenaked Ladies song: anyone else?). But my understanding is that often it's baked (ha) into these trade deals that labels simply making people aware of the country of origin are often not allowed. I think that's wrong. Very wrong. When we're importing food from a country with zero consumer protection (h#ll, they don't care if they poison their own citizens), there's no way Americans don't have a right to know what they're eating. And if our beef export agreement allows that as a quid pro quo, then shame on us.

I can bear the shame.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri May 12, 2017 4:57 pm

boondocks wrote:I read that in return we will allow (among other things) cooked Chinese poultry into the US. Given their adulterated food supply and complete lack of oversight of it, I sure hope that it will be clear to US consumers at the point of purchase that it's Chinese chicken (reminds me of a Barenaked Ladies song: anyone else?). But my understanding is that often it's baked (ha) into these trade deals that labels simply making people aware of the country of origin are often not allowed. I think that's wrong. Very wrong. When we're importing food from a country with zero consumer protection (h#ll, they don't care if they poison their own citizens), there's no way Americans don't have a right to know what they're eating. And if our beef export agreement allows that as a quid pro quo, then shame on us.

Given China's food handling and food safety practices including the practice of recycling food, I would not buy any food product labeled "imported from China".
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Fri May 12, 2017 4:59 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

I can bear the shame.

Shame, blame or playing the game, there might be some concern warranted..

Scandals in the food industry regularly jolt Chinese society into new waves of skepticism with Chinese authorities and their abilities to properly regulate food safety. From melamine-contaminated baby formula that killed at least six infants and sickened 300,000 more, to tilapia fish drenched in chemicals and antibiotics, the Chinese people have been victimized by numerous food scares involving inferior, and even toxic foods and products.

China’s meat industry is similarly plagued by abuses and violations as meat producers and processors circumvent the law to get a larger or faster profit.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/1473141 ... ou-cringe/
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Return to “Cattle Sales”