Super Rare Sight!!!!!!

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
BK9954
GURU
GURU

Re: Super Rare Sight!!!!!!

Postby BK9954 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:59 pm

After the brahmans ran through, half the crowd cleared, those went for good money, todays prices on that consignment, even the crosses, were higher then I thought they should be. They ran the herd bulls through last, the scrotums on those were as small as apples, I was not impressed. Some of the bulls tested only 80% fertility, one was only 60%. Wonder if people saw those genetics the price would have been the same. Only 1 bull was decent.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:33 pm

BK9954 wrote:One of the guys here said the bank caught him selling cattle that were loaned on, maybe for collateral on a loan, I dont know, never heard of anything like that.

So he was selling the banks cattle to make his payment. Or to Get cash for something else.

Whichever was he selling the good ones and keeping the bad. Or culling the bad ones.
Call you would have had to make right there.
But most likely you missed a really good chance at some good cattle. If pure Brahman is what your after.
I wouldn't recommend borrowing money. But it might have been a time to take a hammer to the piggybank
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:35 pm

callmefence wrote:
BK9954 wrote:One of the guys here said the bank caught him selling cattle that were loaned on, maybe for collateral on a loan, I dont know, never heard of anything like that.

So he was selling the banks cattle to make his payment. Or to Get cash for something else.

Whichever was he selling the good ones and keeping the bad. Or culling the bad ones.
Call you would have had to make right there.
But most likely you missed a really good chance at some good cattle. If pure Brahman is what your after.
I wouldn't recommend borrowing money. But it might have been a time to take a hammer to the piggybank

The more I kept considering them, it doesnt make sense to just buy a couple and have all the mismatched calves. In order to do it right I will have to almost do a whole herd sell out and then start over with that cash. I am slowly moving into stronger brahman blood but still producing black baldies. But it was a good chance, not something you see everyday.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:09 pm

I'm not big on buying big groups like that because they are not always of the same quality. I'll pay more to hand pick a few. I never buy all or none cattle.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Brute 23 wrote:I'm not big on buying big groups like that because they are not always of the same quality. I'll pay more to hand pick a few. I never buy all or none cattle.

+1
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Muddy wrote:
BK9954 wrote:Heck, bred brahman going over $3000!!!!!!

High quality ones or just the boney ones?

Just the ones they fed the ears real good . . . . . . . . . . .I don't get it, they can have all them scrawny, big eared, fence jumpin' bastards.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
Muddy wrote:

Just the ones they fed the ears real good . . . . . . . . . . .I don't get it, they can have all them scrawny, big eared, fence jumpin' bastards.

They're not all scrawny fence jumpers.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
Muddy wrote:

If you saw the pasture they came off of and the calves at their side you might think different. Their purpose is to operate where other breeds can't.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 pm

I got grass, fertilizer, and hopefully rain.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Brahmas don't give much of a crap if it rains or not.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:24 am

I was was spraying today and around noon when our Brangus cattle were laying under the trees all the Brimmers came walking down the road. They were actually headed in to the brush area to graze the scendaros... at 12 noon. Multiple people have told me they eat yaupon leaves so I have been trying to catch them doing it with my own eyes. I eased around them on tthe tractor but no luck.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:00 am

Brute 23 wrote:I was was spraying today and around noon when our Brangus cattle were laying under the trees all the Brimmers came walking down the road. They were actually headed in to the brush area to graze the scendaros... at 12 noon. Multiple people have told me they eat yaupon leaves so I have been trying to catch them doing it with my own eyes. I eased around them on tthe tractor but no luck.

Yes they eat yaupon.
It is hard to find one around here they can reach.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:15 am

They will eat prickly pear and cedar berries to.
They gorge on acorns in the fall with no effects.every one looks for ways to add efficiency and dollars. Brahman cattle do that to everything you cross em with. And many herds are dog gentle. I think folks need to keep em a little rank thougyh. Get em to gentle and everyone is gonna jump on board.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

WORANCH
GURU
GURU

Postby WORANCH » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:51 am

Ol' 243 wrote:

I just hate the scrawny butted things :lol: :lol:

0 x
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-- Thomas Jefferson

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:50 am

All the ones yesterday were pretty darn gentle, even in the ring, for being in an auction and being brahman, I was impressed.
0 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”