Paris sale barns

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Re: Paris sale barns

Postby jedstivers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Oh yeah, a question
Why does the one guy hate the others and what does he do to be able to support a loosing barn if it comes to that?
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:57 pm

I'd probably try to buy at the first few sales.
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:04 pm

Craig Miller wrote:I'd probably try to buy at the first few sales.

I would sure be there and ready to buy if they were cheap.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:58 pm

jedstivers wrote:Oh yeah, a question
Why does the one guy hate the others and what does he do to be able to support a loosing barn if it comes to that?

I don't know.....i'm sure someone has the answer, but I've only heard he's doing it out of spite..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:01 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:

I don't know.....i'm sure someone has the answer, but I've only heard he's doing it out of spite..

Well, you hear everything but the truth. Bet there's more to it or he'll soon be out of business. Barns that size aren't cheap. Will take a huge amount of money to keep one running that's loosing money.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm

If I ran a big operation like some claim, I'd be sellng potloads to a buyer out of Kansas or Oklahoma and I'd only be hauling culls or singles to the local sale barn. We have 6 farms that I know of within 20 miles of me that sell everything that way, surely they'd come to east Texas.
0 x

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:48 pm

jedstivers wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

Well, you hear everything but the truth. Bet there's more to it or he'll soon be out of business. Barns that size aren't cheap. Will take a huge amount of money to keep one running that's loosing money.

Yep. Paris ain't too far from my circuit preacher route. If he's doing this for spite, who will he spite if he does succeed. I don't do business with azzholes
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:40 pm

Why don't you sell your calves in OKC and avoid the drama. Probably a better price to boot.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm

bird dog wrote: and avoid the drama.

Not a chance :lol:
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 pm

We had a new barn open just outside Navasota a few years ago, 2 or 3 miles from the one that's been there forever. At the time the story was the same as you're saying, they were trying to run the old one out of business. The new one didn't last long under the original management, but it has new owners now and they're both still in business.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Ojp6
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Ojp6 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 pm

jedstivers wrote:No one will ever take care of you and your cattle if you steady hop around.

That is something that makes a pretty large difference to how well a barn takes care of you. A lot of people don't catch on to how sharp the people that run these barns are. Most of the time they catch on if somebody is selling elsewhere and will stop worrying about how that guys cattle sell. A good loyal customer selling decently large numbers of cattle that sells all of them with one barn will be well taken care of. May even be able to get a break on commission if you sold there consistently for long enough.
0 x
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom - Dwight Eisenhower

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Opj6, I sent you a PM.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:38 pm

Paris is already a hub.
Meth, marijuana, blow, crack, hookers and the only place I've ever been you can take your pick of nearly new tailgates at pawnshops..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:46 pm

greybeard wrote:Paris is already a hub.
Meth, marijuana, blow, crack, hookers and the only place I've ever been you can take your pick of nearly new tailgates at pawnshops..

Did you know a tailgate for a ford platinum is 6,000 dollars?
Least that's what my body shop man told me.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Didn't know it, but it doesn't surprise me.
Even steel ones were never cheap.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Cattle Sales”