Page 1 of 2

New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:45 pm
by cowgirl8
I've heard the guy building it out of spite died. Had 3 million in it and now he's gone. How sad that the last few years of his life was so filled with hate that he spent that much money to put someone out of business, only to die never seeing it open.
I heard the future of this barn is unknown. If anyone else has heard anything about it, i'd like to know...

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:00 pm
by Kingfisher
What's the fellows name?

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 pm
by cowgirl8
Kingfisher wrote:What's the fellows name?

Someone here knows... but I don't..

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:17 am
by Ouachita
Foul play?

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:40 am
by cowgirl8
Ouachita wrote:Foul play?

Under the circumstances, it makes you wonder....

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:48 am
by Bright Raven
cowgirl8 wrote:I've heard the guy building it out of spite died. Had 3 million in it and now he's gone. How sad that the last few years of his life was so filled with hate that he spent that much money to put someone out of business, only to die never seeing it open.
I heard the future of this barn is unknown. If anyone else has heard anything about it, i'd like to know...


He built it to spite someone? Must have been wealthy? Wonder if he tried to take some to the Happy Hunting Grounds?

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 am
by cowgirl8
He wanted to put the other 2 out of business.. crazy

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:42 am
by M.Magis
More often than not, reality isn't nearly as interesting as the rumors.

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:03 am
by callmefence
Actually a pretty common strategy in business. Being willing to lose money for several years to kill off the competition can pay big in the long run.

I read somewhere that when Walmart was really throwing up the stores. Around y2k ( We where building the garden centers at that time. )
They're business model was to lose money for up to 10years

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:45 am
by Bright Raven
callmefence wrote:Actually a pretty common strategy in business. Being willing to lose money for several years to kill off the competition can pay big in the long run.

I read somewhere that when Walmart was really throwing up the stores. Around y2k ( We where building the garden centers at that time. )
They're business model was to lose money for up to 10years


Excellent point. The guy was wealthy for a reason!

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:44 am
by cowgirl8
Other than he had no intent to open a sale barn until one of them, from what I heard, bought some land out of under him on the other side of paris. Its so obvious that he did it with ill feelings. Built spitting distance from the new barn in paris and twice as big. Planned on having 2 sales a week, same days as the other 2. I know there was a scuffle a few years ago when the second barn bought some land to build their barn on out past Reno. Spite man bought some to the west of it, but had some zoning problems with it and could not build on that spot. So, it sits, and I mean, right next of the 2nd barn..YOu drive up and the second barn which seemed big when it sat alone, looks like a outhouse next to the 3rd one...It was going to be quite the facility....

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 pm
by RanchMan90

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm
by cowgirl8
RanchMan90 wrote:http://www.fry-gibbs.com/obituary/4302594

Have you heard what is going to happen to that barn.

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:44 pm
by RanchMan90
cowgirl8 wrote:
RanchMan90 wrote:http://www.fry-gibbs.com/obituary/4302594

Have you heard what is going to happen to that barn.

I haven't

Re: New info on Paris salebarn

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm
by Chocolate Cow
I've been told, in Kansas, there has to be a certain number of miles between salebarns for them to have the same sale days. Not so in Texas?