W4 Hereford Sale

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6164
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

W4 Hereford Sale

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am

Has any one done business with them? Looks like they have some nice bulls. I'm debating going to their sale on Oct 20 to check it out.

PM me if you would like to share you experience in private.

https://w4ranch.com

Thanks
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby callmefence » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:51 pm

Thinking i might go. I'm in the market for a Hereford bull. Whitney's real close
And looks like they still have some horns.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6164
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:09 pm

I wish I knew some one who had used them to see how they hold up. Im not ready this year but I wouldnt mind scouting it out to see what the prices look like.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby callmefence » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Brute 23 wrote:I wish I knew some one who had used them to see how they hold up. Im not ready this year but I wouldnt mind scouting it out to see what the prices look like.



I should be on your way. Maybe we can ride together.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: North Central Texas

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby bird dog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 am

I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby callmefence » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 am

bird dog wrote:I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.


Where do you think they'll be on the bulls birddog.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 940
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: North Central Texas

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby bird dog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 pm

2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.
2 x

User avatar
Brute 23
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6164
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: South Texas Gulf Coast

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 pm

bird dog wrote:2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.


Thank you :tiphat:
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy


Return to “Cattle Sales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests