Page 1 of 1

W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am
by Brute 23
Has any one done business with them? Looks like they have some nice bulls. I'm debating going to their sale on Oct 20 to check it out.

PM me if you would like to share you experience in private.

https://w4ranch.com

Thanks

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:51 pm
by callmefence
Thinking i might go. I'm in the market for a Hereford bull. Whitney's real close
And looks like they still have some horns.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:09 pm
by Brute 23
I wish I knew some one who had used them to see how they hold up. Im not ready this year but I wouldnt mind scouting it out to see what the prices look like.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:06 pm
by callmefence
Brute 23 wrote:I wish I knew some one who had used them to see how they hold up. Im not ready this year but I wouldnt mind scouting it out to see what the prices look like.



I should be on your way. Maybe we can ride together.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:51 am
by bird dog
I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:54 am
by callmefence
bird dog wrote:I have not bought any bulls but I have purchased a few cows in the past. They are good folks. The bulls are rugged, well bred with good feet. They raise them on a rocky hilly pasture with water on one side and their food source on the other to build up their legs and feet. Most of them are sold to the big west TX ranches and their are repeat buyers buy in quantity.
Some years they have more bulls than customers so if the prices start falling below their minimum, they will let you know that the sale will end after the next 5 bulls or so. Make sure you get their in time for lunch.


Where do you think they'll be on the bulls birddog.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:23 pm
by bird dog
2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.

Re: W4 Hereford Sale

Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:45 pm
by Brute 23
bird dog wrote:2 YO bulls probably around $3500 to $4000 . Younger ones maybe a little cheaper. I would bet you can buy a good 18 month bull for 3K after the first 50 sell.
If y'all go, try to get there early enough to drive through the ranch. Its a neat place along a big creek that feeds into Lake Whitney. Also notice that they use Big Bend trailers almost exclusively.


Thank you :tiphat: