New low

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14361
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: New low

Postby greybeard » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 am

And an invalid argument, as is the "ya'll are just jealous" argument.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4127
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: New low

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 am

greybeard wrote:And an invalid argument, as is the "ya'll are just jealous" argument.

:lol: You'd think this forum was full of Hillary supporters..... :lol:
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Its our living, but obviously the only one in this forum doing it for a living......


Do your fingers move faster than your brain? I can think of several folks on here that do it for a living.

Not many do for a living....
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... 8&t=110644

And obviously you don't either. You claim to but then you tell all about the logging y'all do and the YouTube viedos you try to make go virile to draw income off of.
Think there's some other stuff you've talked about making money off of but I could be thinking of something else by someone else.
And what's the big deal if you only live off cattle? They are the best thing in Ag to do in addition to another job.
Why keep putting a stigma on the ones running what they can and working another job? Doesn't make them any less of cattle people.
If you want to use size then look west and I bet you don't stack up very high to some of the "real" ranchers" that "do it for a living".
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4127
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: New low

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:30 am

jedstivers wrote:And what's the big deal if you only live off cattle? They are the best thing in Ag to do in addition to another job.
Why keep putting a stigma on the ones running what they can and working another job? Doesn't make them any less of cattle people.
If you want to use size then look west and I bet you don't stack up very high to some of the "real" ranchers" that "do it for a living".

Basically, I don't bring it up unless someone else does. Its an old argument some here cant seem to let go. GOes back to where I mentioned feeding chicken litter during the drought. I was harpooned for admitting that. That's when I brought up that its our business and we did what we needed to do to save it. Most sold out because they had another form of income from outside work. Most here said they'd sell out before doign that...We couldn't do that because it how we make our living. Yes, we have trees but its just part of the what our land produces... Cows are how we make our living. Now, can we move on....I don't care how many cows someone has, I don't care how much land someone has....What I care about is someone telling me how we should run our cows and business. Let it go.....let it go..
:deadhorse:
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4303
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:29 pm
Location: Middle Georgia

Re: New low

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:43 am

I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4127
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: New low

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:52 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.

Yesterday we worked on the device we'll tackle that burl with....I've been documenting it and will have a youtube of it....if it works...Fixing to go out and test it.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: New low

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 am

True Grit Farms wrote:I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.


Vince, I could say that about you but I won't.

:lol:
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:27 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
jedstivers wrote:And what's the big deal if you only live off cattle? They are the best thing in Ag to do in addition to another job.
Why keep putting a stigma on the ones running what they can and working another job? Doesn't make them any less of cattle people.
If you want to use size then look west and I bet you don't stack up very high to some of the "real" ranchers" that "do it for a living".

Basically, I don't bring it up unless someone else does. Its an old argument some here cant seem to let go. GOes back to where I mentioned feeding chicken litter during the drought. I was harpooned for admitting that. That's when I brought up that its our business and we did what we needed to do to save it. Most sold out because they had another form of income from outside work. Most here said they'd sell out before doign that...We couldn't do that because it how we make our living. Yes, we have trees but its just part of the what our land produces... Cows are how we make our living. Now, can we move on....I don't care how many cows someone has, I don't care how much land someone has....What I care about is someone telling me how we should run our cows and business. Let it go.....let it go..
:deadhorse:

You brought it up yourself. You always do.
As far as the chicken litter if you'll remember I took up for you in that one. It's a very common practice in this state. I don't do it but it is dine a lot.
1 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.


Vince, I could say that about you but I won't.

:lol:

I can't say the same about Vince, he's put some pretty useful stuff on here.
However I can say the same about you.
Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.
You do have that one going for you.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: New low

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:33 pm

jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:I can honestly say the only cattle knowledge I've learned from you firsthand is nothing... but I did like your garden in a small area thread, I just couldn't make it work with my bad back. But a lot of what other people have posted on your threads is very useful and seems knowledgeable to me. Keep up the good work.


Vince, I could say that about you but I won't.

:lol:

I can't say the same about Vince, he's put some pretty useful stuff on here.
However I can say the same about you.
Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.
You do have that one going for you.


Yes. I can see how he might entertain you.
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Vince, I could say that about you but I won't.

:lol:

I can't say the same about Vince, he's put some pretty useful stuff on here.
However I can say the same about you.
Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.
You do have that one going for you.


Yes. I can see how he might entertain you.

No entertainment. Actual work experience and things that do work.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: New low

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm

jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
jedstivers wrote:I can't say the same about Vince, he's put some pretty useful stuff on here.
However I can say the same about you.
Now if I was wanting sexual relations with my cattle then I couldn't say that about you.
You do have that one going for you.


Yes. I can see how he might entertain you.

No entertainment. Actual work experience and things that do work.


Well, I am sure you know.
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Yes. I can see how he might entertain you.

No entertainment. Actual work experience and things that do work.


Well, I am sure you know.

I've spent a lifetime at it.
Hasn't been many easy days.
1 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: New low

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 pm

jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
jedstivers wrote:No entertainment. Actual work experience and things that do work.


Well, I am sure you know.

I've spent a lifetime at it.
Hasn't been many easy days.


I'm proud of you and Grit. You boys are the kind of men that made this country great.
0 x

jedstivers
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5718
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:32 pm
Location: Marianna Arkansas (East Central)

Re: New low

Postby jedstivers » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:34 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
jedstivers wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Well, I am sure you know.

I've spent a lifetime at it.
Hasn't been many easy days.


I'm proud of you and Grit. You boys are the kind of men that made this country great.

Sure wasn't bureaucrats.
1 x


Return to “Cattle Sales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1982vett and 3 guests