44 farms

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
kilroy60
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: 44 farms

Postby kilroy60 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 am

Dogs and Cows wrote:Just my opinion...and probably not a very good one...but judging the quality of the cattle based on the average sale price is a poor way of judging. Seems more being sucked into marketing.

Yea, you're right. However, quality and price go hand in hand. You can bet that any of the customers who bought cattle from these mentioned farms didn't buy them without carefully looking into the EPD's and genomic test scores. They made sure the bulls they wanted to buy or bought, were going to improve or enhance their herd. They didn't go out and buy a $15K - $20K bull because of these farms being ran by "good people". Marketing?? - yea, they have a marketing program. But, they also have programs to stand behind their marketing.

The four farms mentioned (and there may be others I've overlooked) have some of the largest sales several times each year and sell cattle all over north and south America. They constantly have repeat buyers and they stand behind their product. These farms haven't become the biggest and best by selling high cost low quality cattle. That's my opinion and I think it's a good one.
1 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”