Spring bull sales

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
Hunter
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Spring bull sales

Postby Hunter » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Hoping to make it to Mead Farms this Saturday and Circle A on 17th.
Both in mid Missouri.
0 x

SmokinM
Rancher
Rancher

Postby SmokinM » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Knollcrest does have very nice bulls as does Quaker Hill. I have a bull from QH I am using now and attend their sales every year. They usually do a spring and a fall sale. Maymont sale is on March 24th. at noon. Thanks for the info. on the Harrisonburg sale. Are you going even though you aren’t shopping? The social part is good although I don’t hobnob much. I like to see the stock and what they bring. Like most people sometimes I am in the market sometimes not but always bring the checkbook just in case.
0 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU

Postby torogmc81 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:33 pm

we are heading to beef expo this weekend also, especially with the rain mud situation continuing. 50/50 chance of making it to Boyd on 3-10.

Branch View in Hustonville ky is on the calender too. All depends on how busy we are on April 14
1 x

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Unless something very unexpected comes up we do try to go to the H'burg sale, so plan on being there. We had no intention of buying that bull 2 years ago but always take the checkbook too. It would be nice to go to the Maymont sale just to look and see what their bulls look like.
If you go to H'burg, and we are there, look for a 5'6" female, glasses, brown/grey hair, carrying some extra weight. Walk with a limp due to joint issues. My son Michael is 6'6", wearing glasses now brown hair with some grey, usually has a partial beard, not thin but definitely not overweight. Mutt and Jeff !!!!!
0 x

muleskinner
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby muleskinner » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:26 pm

I will be going to the
Wardensville Bull test in WV.

https://www.wardensvillebulltest.com/sale
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:26 pm

torogmc81 wrote:we are heading to beef expo this weekend also, especially with the rain mud situation continuing. 50/50 chance of making it to Boyd on 3-10.

Branch View in Hustonville ky is on the calender too. All depends on how busy we are on April 14

Rock RIdge Farms Angus in Lawrenceburg holds a good sale.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:36 pm

A few years ago a friend and I figured a bull sale road trip schedule that would take us 2 weeks and tour through 4 states. A different bull sale every day. It would have cost us an arm and a leg in fuel and motel bills but we would have eaten a free lunch every day.

If I needed a bull I would want to go Baker City next Monday and Tuesday. Harrel Herefords sale in on Monday and Thomas Angus is on Tuesday. There will be a ton of western cattlemen in town for those two sales.
0 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU

Postby torogmc81 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
torogmc81 wrote:we are heading to beef expo this weekend also, especially with the rain mud situation continuing. 50/50 chance of making it to Boyd on 3-10.

Yes i was just checking them out a few weeks ago, but it looks like they only have their fall sale, havn't had a spring bull sale in a few years. They are a part owner of Werner Flat Top so I'd like to get by there to see some calves. It's probably 30 maybe 40 min away at the most, so their Oct sale will be nice to see
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:06 pm

torogmc81 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Yes i was just checking them out a few weeks ago, but it looks like they only have their fall sale, havn't had a spring bull sale in a few years. They are a part owner of Werner Flat Top so I'd like to get by there to see some calves. It's probably 30 maybe 40 min away at the most, so their Oct sale will be nice to see

We bought bulls in 2012 and 2013 from them. I'm sad to hear they're not holding spring sales anymore.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Return to “Cattle Sales”