Half Interest Bucking Bulls

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
tcole
Beginner
Beginner

Half Interest Bucking Bulls

Postby tcole » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Hi y'all,

I'm lookin for any and every piece of advice regarding going in half interest on some yearlings.
I have never bought before, but I want to get involved! I have a lot of livestock knowledge, and planned on buying from a well known ranch that produces high quality bucking bulls with lots of big pay offs.
Please feel free to leave me any advice, or experiences y'all have!

Thanks in advance!
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Half Interest Bucking Bulls

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:53 am

99% of all bucking bulls born make better coyote bait than a bucking bull.
1 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:02 am

Where are you wanting to take them? Local rodeos and bull ridings or ABBI deals and the like. What bloodlines are you looking at? Do you have access to an arena with chutes to chute break em and get em used to everything? Have access to a dummy?
0 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Are you going into this with a partner? Or buying half from the guy who raised them? Do you get possession or do you have someone else make them famous while you pay half? Just wondering
1 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 pm

littletom wrote:Are you going into this with a partner? Or buying half from the guy who raised them? Do you get possession or do you have someone else make them famous while you pay half? Just wondering

Yup
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 pm

If I was a producer who bred and raised bucking bulls with a high likelihood of being big producers... why would I sell them? :???:
1 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:52 am

Bad deal, that's my advice.
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:38 am

I see the bucking bull thing as being similar to Emu ranching.
1 x

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am

There is money to be made in bucking stock but you have to basically roll the dice on stock even bull calves from top quality stock turn out to be duds more than not. You really need connections, like I mentioned before, access to an arena, a dummy, events to go to if you do end up with something with potential. You also really need to know the ins and outs of rough stock. I would argue that its nothing like emu ranching for somebody that knows what their doing and has been around a little but for someone who never rode bulls or grew up around rodeo or at least has connections in the rough stock world yes there I can see it being like emu ranching.
1 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:53 pm

I don't think it matters how much you know about rodeo bulls or rodeos, the end results are WAY more of them end up at a packing plant than make it to be a big money bucking bull. Most of them just make a high dollar hamburger.
2 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:23 pm

OleScout wrote:I see the bucking bull thing as being similar to Emu ranching.

As long as you have rodeos adn the PBR there will be a demand for bucking bulls. Only thing, about one out of hundred thousand make it to that level. The rest end up slaughtered or used in small time rodeos.
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:50 am

BRYANT wrote:I don't think it matters how much you know about rodeo bulls or rodeos, the end results are WAY more of them end up at a packing plant than make it to be a big money bucking bull. Most of them just make a high dollar hamburger.

My point was when you dont know what a good bucker looks like early on you end up wasting a lot of money on something thats headed to the grinder. And if you dont know a flank rope from a bull rope and a bucking chute from a loading chute, have no knowledge or nobody to help you chute break and the such, no arena, no know how when it comes to getting your bulls in somewhere or entering in some yearling, futurity, derby, and classic deals, well then your not going to be very successful with you high price hamburger.
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:18 am

j_20 wrote:
BRYANT wrote:I don't think it matters how much you know about rodeo bulls or rodeos, the end results are WAY more of them end up at a packing plant than make it to be a big money bucking bull. Most of them just make a high dollar hamburger.

My point was when you dont know what a good bucker looks like early on you end up wasting a lot of money on something thats headed to the grinder. And if you dont know a flank rope from a bull rope and a bucking chute from a loading chute, have no knowledge or nobody to help you chute break and the such, no arena, no know how when it comes to getting your bulls in somewhere or entering in some yearling, futurity, derby, and classic deals, well then your not going to be very successful with you high price hamburger.

lots of truth to what you are saying but I figure someone is just wanting him to put up some money and he will never have the bull ???? but we will probably never know , someone ask and he didn't respond. This post is probably another one of them new guy one and done post. If he is just a money investor he does not need a lot of knowledge
0 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”