Best place for sale listings?

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Best place for sale listings?

Postby NEFarmwife » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am

Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

Which sites do you most frequent when looking to purchase?
0 x

User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2323
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:19 am

I look at Craig's List and also contact the breeders around me. That was eye opening of who would respond and who was too good to respond.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

User avatar
Rafter S
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4099
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:13 am
Location: Grimes County, TX

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby Rafter S » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:39 pm

I've never sold any online, but I've bought two bulls through the Cattle Range site. It went well in both cases.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

User avatar
TCRanch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3026
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 am
Location: Winfield, KS

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby TCRanch » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:14 pm

I've done better on Facebook KS Farmers/Ranchers than Craigslist but the majority of my private treaty are word of mouth, local.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6788
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby Dave » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:21 pm

Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:32 am

Dave wrote:Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.

Superior Livestock?
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU
Posts: 6788
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:35 pm
Location: Baker County, Oregon

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby Dave » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:52 pm

NEFarmwife wrote:
Dave wrote:Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.

Superior Livestock?

Yes, the down side is it is not for singles or small groups.
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby NEFarmwife » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:11 pm

Dave wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:
Dave wrote:Superior. One time I listed a pot load of heifers on Cattle Range. Never got a phone call. I ended up putting them on the video. They sold. I told Cattle Range to take them down. I guess they didn't because a week or two later I got about 4 phone calls about them.

Superior Livestock?

Yes, the down side is it is not for singles or small groups.

This is for 120 head of bred heifers. Bought them solely to breed and sell heavy bred. Possibly less, if we decide to retain a few. We're really liking them. I wish I could hoard cattle.

We bought them off Superior, after visiting the ranch. We've not used them from a sellers perspective.
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU
Posts: 8016
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 8:28 am
Location: Central Minnesota

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby Stocker Steve » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:37 pm

Really depends on the type of cattle. These are the two I have used:
Odd breeds or small groups - - CL.
Pot loads - - Superior.

A potential issue with Superior is sorting off animals before loading. The number ended up being higher than I was originally told before signing the contract...
1 x
Stocker Steve

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19028
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:28 am

NEFarmwife wrote:Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

Which sites do you most frequent when looking to purchase?


You can also list on our classified ads here
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9641
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby slick4591 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:43 am

skyhightree1 wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

Which sites do you most frequent when looking to purchase?


You can also list on our classified ads here


Classifieds are locked, Sky.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 19028
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:54 am

slick4591 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
NEFarmwife wrote:Which sites have you been most successful in selling your cattle? Craigslist? Cattlerange? A regional circular ad? Facebook BST site?

Which sites do you most frequent when looking to purchase?


You can also list on our classified ads here


Classifieds are locked, Sky.


That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you
1 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
slick4591
GURU
GURU
Posts: 9641
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:58 pm
Location: Farmersville, Texas
Contact:

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby slick4591 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Thanks. I just saw the lock and figured there wasn't a need to click on it.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby NEFarmwife » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:02 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
slick4591 wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
You can also list on our classified ads here


Classifieds are locked, Sky.


That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you


I’ll post there as soon as I get more info. Preg checking next week.
0 x

hornedfrogbbq
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 pm

Re: Best place for sale listings?

Postby hornedfrogbbq » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 am

NEFarmwife wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
slick4591 wrote:
Classifieds are locked, Sky.


That forum is locked so it doesn't create a discussion forum click the link under that and you have access to the classified ads you register once registration is approved you can list things feel free to pm me I'll help you


I’ll post there as soon as I get more info. Preg checking next week.


What did you end up deciding to do? How did the preg check go?
0 x


Return to “Cattle Sales”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest