Rechargeable Clipper advice needed

Discuss the ins and outs of the showring.
3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Rechargeable Clipper advice needed

Postby 3waycross » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Alan wrote:Okay Vic! First it was pig rectums and know it big hairy chihuahua butts! :shock:

Well I guess I'm outed.
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:52 am

wbvs58 wrote:I have used various cordless clippers over the years, I can't think of brand names but have always found the batteries to be very disappointing, if big enough to last a bit they were a big heavy handful and they deteriorated very quickly with intermittent use. I have a couple of drills with the newer Nickel Hydride batteries in them and I must say I am very impressed with them, very light and just keep going and going without charging.
My only advice would be to make sure the batteries are the very latest technology and that the blade they use are a commonly used interchangeable blade that is reliable.
Ken

Just looking at my drill today and realised I made a mistake. It is the Litium ion batteries you need or anything better. The Nickel hydride are the older ones. I am not real big at remembering names.
Ken
0 x

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:54 am

wbvs58 wrote:
wbvs58 wrote:I have used various cordless clippers over the years, I can't think of brand names but have always found the batteries to be very disappointing, if big enough to last a bit they were a big heavy handful and they deteriorated very quickly with intermittent use. I have a couple of drills with the newer Nickel Hydride batteries in them and I must say I am very impressed with them, very light and just keep going and going without charging.
My only advice would be to make sure the batteries are the very latest technology and that the blade they use are a commonly used interchangeable blade that is reliable.
Ken

Just looking at my drill today and realised I made a mistake. It is the Litium ion batteries you need or anything better. The Nickel hydride are the older ones. I am not real big at remembering names.
Ken

Thank you Ken. I did notice that the Lithium had a longer run time in the clippers. Some as long as 2 hrs..
I can't remember names either! :)
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:24 am

The lithium are excellent for performance, but darned expensive, and they do fail... they're capable of getting charged faster, which needs a "smart" charger, and if it detects the battery is weak, it just won't charge it.

I have the hardest time remembering PEOPLE'S names, and it's just hopeless if I'm introduced to a group
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

I luv herfrds
GURU
GURU

Postby I luv herfrds » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 am

Daughter has the Andis cordless clippers. The blades are interchangable and there is a blade cooling spray you can use on them to cool them down when they get hot.
We really like them. The plastic part that runs the blade can be replaced.

We had bought our vet a set of cordless clippers years ago as a surprise and when the battery went they could not find a replacement for it.
I talked with the Andis rep and he said they are keeping everything the same so we can get replacement parts for it.
0 x
No Skin Off My Nose.
Never eat meals with EMS, firefighters or Ranchers.
Red and White's Are Pure Delight.

"Sign of a good heart Chris." Northern Rancher

branguscowgirl
GURU
GURU

Postby branguscowgirl » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks every one!
This is what I settled on with your fine advise.
Andis Pro Clip Pulse Ion- it is very simuliar to the Super AGR but with more CPM of 5,500.
The Super is 3,000 something.
The cool thing about the Pulse Ion is no different sized blades are needed. With the flip of a switch you can go back and forth between cutting depths with an adjustable blade. It is medium duty. It has a 2 hr. run time on a 1 hr. charge with the Lithium Ion battery.
They were running a special and I was able to get a free extra blade. :D

The only cons to these clippers is they do not have interchangeable blades with other brands, because of the adjustment feature. But being a popular brand like Andis, hopefully that will not become a problem later.
0 x
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but, rather, a manner of traveling!

Return to “Show Board”