Rolls full of string

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Rolls full of string

Postby callmefence » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:10 pm

I've got about 10 rolls of haygrazer that have the blue string rolled all the way through the Bale to the core. The fellow that baled it for me knew it and didn't charge. I've fed a couple and unrolling and cutting and pulling the string out is quite a production. Any shortcuts out there?
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Rolls full of string

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:09 pm

callmefence wrote:I've got about 10 rolls of haygrazer that have the blue string rolled all the way through the Bale to the core. The fellow that baled it for me knew it and didn't charge. I've fed a couple and unrolling and cutting and pulling the string out is quite a production. Any shortcuts out there?

No, but I've got a net wrapped roll the same way. Very aggravating.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 pm

what if you un rolled the bale then removed the string
1 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:31 pm

I suggest unrolling it then wrap loose end of twine around axle and drive off
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:09 am

We sometimes end up with net wrap all the way through the bales (hopefully got it figured out so it doesn't happen again) and they become targets for the bosses son to shot his bow or bb gun at
0 x

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:29 am

M-5 wrote:I suggest unrolling it then wrap loose end of twine around axle and drive off

Hahaha this would work! Any type of axle seems to be a twine magnet. Glad we went net a few years ago, never looked back. My neighbor was out of town for a while so I hayed his cows for him, and their bales had netwap all through them. Talk about a pain!
0 x

rla442
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby rla442 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:28 am

I fell for that one year. I got a load of round bales that the string was wound all the way to the core. I will never bring anything like that back onto the farm again. A complete PITA! It takes forever to unwrap one with string all the way to the core and if you leave it go, the cows eat what they can then you end up with a big ball of hay & string that the cows cant eat.
0 x

Texasmark
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Texasmark » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:34 pm

ez14. wrote:We sometimes end up with net wrap all the way through the bales (hopefully got it figured out so it doesn't happen again) and they become targets for the bosses son to shot his bow or bb gun at

I was baling a field for a neighbor with a Hesston 5560 I think, made 5x6 rolls, belts were 4" x something like 30'. Got through with a section and funny that I didn't see it before, but one of the belts was missing. Spent half an hour looking all over the field and at the bales. Never found the belt. Had to be in one of the bales. Funny never heard from the guy about it.
1 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”