Pasture grass fats

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Pasture grass fats

Postby Highpoint » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:40 pm

This is a journey of figuring out terms which I know all industries use like computers use php html jpg ect. But trying to figure out how beef get fat on grass fed when none of the grasses have fat was a brain stopper. I know cattle with the highest vitamin d levels are the healthiest and most tender meat but it takes fat sulfur and zinc with the other standard items.

I know the item I am testing puts more moisture into the plant and increases the sugar content of glycans and you can't use ph to test it must be Brix levels. Anyway today I found the research and sure enough it is the sugar content in the grass from carbohydrates which the cattle turn to fat like we do as humans. Wake me up.

I kept looking for fat in wheat and fat in Bermuda but none. Our 70 acres have had one head to 5 acres then 52 goats and now they turned the 60 acres at bottom into a type of feed lot with 96 calves on hay and feed until they feel comfortable with prices. They also say they weigh from 550 to 700 lbs. I also notice there is still some grass after two weeks which surprises me.

Certainly will be spring before I can get a true picture. I planted some fescue and clover but notice it is eaten before it can reach a hight to measure. The 3 acres at the front which was almost scalped last year has done the best with filling in thick Bermuda but also it was closest to the lime from the road.

The molecules in the product are very small and have shown ability to increase lime by four so I will try to run down and get lime put into buckets of water to produce liquid lime and add to back next spring and although the ph in the product is 4, mixed with the water came out 7. Not sure ph mixed with lime. Yes I know most lime applications take time but not with this stuff it appears.

Really it started with the lesson on poop. Thanks. LOL

Ok before I go further I learn more from disapproval sometimes.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: Pasture grass fats

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:19 pm

Highpoint wrote: today I found the research and sure enough it is the sugar content in the grass from carbohydrates which the
cattle turn to fat like we do as humans.

Yes sir. Net Energy = Calories
0 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”