Square deal

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Square deal

Postby callmefence » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:07 am

My neighbor at my lometa place and me partner a fair amount. Hes well past eighty and was my grandfather's best friend. We partnered on hay this year.
Mostly to his land and equipment my fertilizer and labor.
We also partnered on oat pasture this fall. Both providing equipment, fertilizer,seed and work. I've got about 40 acre's in oats. Hes got close to 100
I fix a water gap, he carries my cows some hay. I fix a tractor tire he gives me a handmade knife. Etc.
We've become very good friends. Both of us being the type that don't care about having friends to much.
Really what it amounts to is he is a wealth of knowledge, equipment, and country. And I makeit where he can do what he loves but if gets in middle of something and his age catches up he can call me. :lol2:
I says something about it would sure be a good time to buy some sorry cows to turn out on the oats for the winter.
He says sounds good go buy em we'll split em. Ok um maybe you should come along..no I can't understand that auctioneer. ...how many you want to buy... however many you want to..

He says well run them in my big hayfield (about 100 acres of oats and 35 of coastal) you'll build a fence up there in the corner where we store the hay. ( 2 side's of 2 acres) well leave them in till March 7. Then sell or move them out on range. His place is of considerable size.
You buy em , work em, haul em.
I'll check em and put out hay. I roll of yours to one of mine. ( I've got a good bit of hay stored on his place.)
When we sell we split.

The first load is fixing to head that way.

So his land. Half his money and hay and time.
Half my hay and money and a little time and a little fence.
Fair enough??
2 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

bball
GURU
GURU

Re: Square deal

Postby bball » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 am

Sure sounds like a win-win between 2 likeminded fellas. I can count on one finger a guy I trust well enough to do a deal like that with, but if he wanted to, I would sure be in to do it. Sounds like he is your man.
3 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

farmerjan
GURU
GURU

Postby farmerjan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:27 pm

Sounds like a good deal especially since you have a good history of working together. Hope they are a home run for you.
2 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:53 pm

It's as good as his word and so far he's never given you a reason to question his word.
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:03 pm

Sounds okay to me. From what you describe, it seems like the two of you get along well enough, talk things out, find ways to meet each other in the middle. It doesn't sound like either of you are always finding ways to beat the other out of anything. As long as the both of you are happy/satisfied with the deal, I'd say give it ago, under those circumstances.
1 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Good deal.

Ken
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:13 pm

I've always got along just fine with people that think like me. Sounds like it'll work out good for both of you. I was relieved to read your post and see that it wasn't about Red Brand wire. :mad:
1 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Sounds alright to me.. He gets a little fence out of the deal, i'm sure you're well set up that it's no job at all to do.. and he does most of the day-to-day work of taking care of the cows.. rest of the monetary stuff seems split down the middle, a large portion of the feed coming from him.
0 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

If You're happy and he's happy , can't get no fairer IMO.
1 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:41 pm

If your both happy its a good deal. Sounds fair from the outside looking in also.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:00 am

Lucky work right there sounds like.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”