Tractor Supply solar charger

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
ERNIBIGB
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Tractor Supply solar charger

Postby ERNIBIGB » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:51 pm

I had better results using separate components. Solar panel,good 12v fence charger and almost any 12v battery that will hold a decent charge. Have swapped out dead core battery for a core that would still hold some charge for free.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
grandlake wrote:Just bought a 10 mile charger and have about 1 mile of fence. No weeds, new 14 ga wire and 2 ground rods. Left charging for 3 days prior to turning on. I can hold the fence with only a tickle. Anybody have any prior experience with these chargers? Return? Other brand suggestions?

Return and buy a Parmak

I have 3 Parmak charges and I wouldn't buy anything else.
1 x

grandlake
Beginner
Beginner

Postby grandlake » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:24 am

I returned the TSC charger and ordered a Parmak. No questions or problems returning. It should come in tomorrow and I will let it charge up before hooking it up. Meanwhile I just jumped a wire from my existing car battery powered fence.
0 x

Texasmark
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Texasmark » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:01 am

RanchMan90 wrote:What would you use for insulators running a 14 guage hotwire on inside a net wire fence?

My fencing was usually 5 strand "Gaucho" brand, 15 ½ gauge high tensile made in Arkansas. Best wire I ever touched for sharp barbs and longevity of zinc coating. Doesn't stretch so you need to get it tight when you put it up. Plus it's lighter and easier for a one man operation to put up.
I used T posts as line posts and used the long plastic (yellow or black, usually black but both wear the same) T post standoff to carry the 14 AWG wire. Had the ground of the charger attached to the barbed wire (plus grounded) so I had ground all along with the hot. Kept the cows from doing the "grass is greener" thing and pushing your fence over.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:19 pm

seen a cyclopse 12 joule fence charger for 700 bucks are they any good ?
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”