GRASS FED BEEF DEFINITION

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: GRASS FED BEEF DEFINITION

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Sorry Grit - I should have been clearer. I meant grass fed beef T-Bone. Do you do anything different?

I've never knowingly eaten a grassfed steak but the way some speak of them I figure you need to add a little MSG .
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:23 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:Sorry Grit - I should have been clearer. I meant grass fed beef T-Bone. Do you do anything different?

I've never knowingly eaten a grassfed steak but the way some speak of them I figure you need to add a little MSG .

:lol: My BIL raised organic grass fed beef in Kansas. He sold his meat by the pound. He was in some kind of coop. He only sold his hamburg & pot roasts. He saved all the steaks for himself because they were un-edible as a normal steak. They would make like steak tacos and stuff like that with them.
I eat corn fed beef and enjoy every bite.
Just had a customer/neighbor drive in about an hour ago. Raved about his beef & put an order in for a 1/2 next fall. :banana:
1 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:32 pm

I am making a completely serious offer here. The first 2 people who pm me and honestly want to try a good grass fed steak, I will send them each a vacuum packed 2 pack of t-bones shipped in dry ice for them to try. It will be the last steer I had butchered a few months ago. Concieved, born and raised on my place with nothing but my grass and water, only time I touched him was to castrate him and when I slapped him on the azz to get him to hop in the trailer. I'm serious.
1 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Alright StockerSteve was first, I forgot to mention I'll cover all expenses.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm

ohiosteve wrote:I am making a completely serious offer here. The first 2 people who pm me and honestly want to try a good grass fed steak, I will send them each a vacuum packed 2 pack of t-bones shipped in dry ice for them to try. It will be the last steer I had butchered a few months ago. Concieved, born and raised on my place with nothing but my grass and water, only time I touched him was to castrate him and when I slapped him on the azz to get him to hop in the trailer. I'm serious.

Your grass fed beef isn't the same as ours. I ate some grass fed beef at Artesianspringsfarm's that was delicious. Not a lot of fat but enough. It didn't have the gamey taste like the grass fed stuff from here and Florida. That's a great offer you made.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:53 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
ohiosteve wrote:I am making a completely serious offer here. The first 2 people who pm me and honestly want to try a good grass fed steak, I will send them each a vacuum packed 2 pack of t-bones shipped in dry ice for them to try. It will be the last steer I had butchered a few months ago. Concieved, born and raised on my place with nothing but my grass and water, only time I touched him was to castrate him and when I slapped him on the azz to get him to hop in the trailer. I'm serious.

Your grass fed beef isn't the same as ours. I ate some grass fed beef at Artesianspringsfarm's that was delicious. Not a lot of fat but enough. It didn't have the gamey taste like the grass fed stuff from here and Florida. That's a great offer you made.

I'm dead serious too.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:02 pm

ohiosteve wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:

I'm dead serious too.

I'm surprised that someone else hasn't jumped on that deal. I'm hoping someone that hasn't had a good piece of grass fed beef will take you up on your offer. I know someone that will trade some shrimp for beef before long.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:09 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
ohiosteve wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Your grass fed beef isn't the same as ours. I ate some grass fed beef at Artesianspringsfarm's that was delicious. Not a lot of fat but enough. It didn't have the gamey taste like the grass fed stuff from here and Florida. That's a great offer you made.

I'm dead serious too.

I'm surprised that someone else hasn't jumped on that deal. I'm hoping someone that hasn't had a good piece of grass fed beef will take you up on your offer. I know someone that will trade some shrimp for beef before long.

I'm not sure why it even bothers me, but I get sick of hearing about how you need to feed corn/grain to have good tasting beef. It's just not true and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is.
0 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:15 pm

I am old school. I will stick to my own home grown and corn fed.
I believe there are good grass fed beef out there, just MOST is not. I"ve said it many times, it takes extremely good management to raise edible grass fed beef, so congrats to you if you are one of them.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:37 am

I tried one guys GFB .. he raised shorthorns so i figured it'd be good. He butchered them WAY to early. That meat all tasted like wild game. It was pretty gross. He even told me.. "it's a little different, but its good for you" ehhh... no.

then another guy i know raises belties.. they don't take anything to finish and that stuff was delicious.

tried a few others and it wasn't bad and wasn't anything to rave about.
0 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”