Fence Energizer

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
Angus Rocks
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Fence Energizer

Postby Angus Rocks » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Have a couple Taylor cyclops and very happy with them we have dealer 25 miles from me so that helps to
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:35 am

A local business carries parts for Zarebas so that is what I have. I bought some really cheap on Ebay in not working condition. Usually less than $40 in parts fixed them, so I probably have about ten of them and parts laid up to repair if needed. Currently have two 100 mile and a 50 mile in service. The cattle do respect them as do I also.
0 x

plumber_greg
GURU
GURU

Postby plumber_greg » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:08 am

Cyclops
Have a 110 volt at one place for 8 years, never had it off the wall. 10 joule, fences all over 160 acres, my cow leaser said it was 10 to 11,000 volts everywhere.
8 joule, battery operated, with 60 watt solar panel, at summer pastures,
Fuses are a problem, seems like I go thru a lot of them.
Sent to be fixed twice, in 10ish years. 25 dollars both times so not much wrong. Always got it back in a week.
Question, should I bring in the solar panels in the winter if not using them. Will it extend their life.
Gs
0 x
Just call me plumberscrack

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:37 pm

1wlimo wrote:
M-5 wrote:
1wlimo wrote:Any one used a "cyclops" brand? They are US built and way cheaper than "speedrite". Using Parmark now with 6J, but in the cold the snow is too insulating so looking at a 20J unit that is 12 volt.

I think they are the best chargers made . I have a couple of them

Thanks M-5

I own another one as of today. I had a Parmak on a short run of temp fence and yesterday morning calves were out . It was a good one but it is completely fried. went to my back up parmak -it wouldnt work. Drug out one of the old internationals it would read 8 volts but not pop , finally just moved cyclops over to that fence and bought a new cyclops this morning took parmak to jeffers for repair and bought a new popper for the international super 98 . while searching online I found that ZAREBA makes a control module that fits the old international super 100 I have . so hopefully all my backups will be working soon ,
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

MikeBo
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby MikeBo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:18 am

My only question, does it have a remote to shut the fence off like my speed rite? I can’t live without the handiness of being able to shut the fence off and on from anywhere?
1 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”