Spraying 24D Amine

Discuss grasses and how to grow and harvest them.
snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Spraying 24D Amine

Postby snoopdog » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:02 pm

I can't find any grazing restrictions( for beef cattle ) other than 3 days before slaughter , and an eye damage warning . Do you spray with cattle in the field ? I have used grazon before , in this situation , I just can't separate right now , and need to spray this weekend . Your thoughts , and TIA.
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Spraying 24D Amine

Postby M-5 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:43 pm

I try not to wet them too much with the spray.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:47 pm

24D ester is a lot better. I spray with the cattle in the field.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:16 pm

I spray with them on the field. the one thing I do watch for is they will eat the he// outta milkweed after its sprayed with 24d. I don't worry if theres just a sprinkling of it. but I reckon a field full of milkweed could be bad.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Mat Man
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Mat Man » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:28 pm

We spray with them in field.They will eat buttercup after it is sprayed also.
0 x

snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby snoopdog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:03 am

callmefence wrote:I spray with them on the field. the one thing I do watch for is they will eat the he// outta milkweed after its sprayed with 24d. I don't worry if theres just a sprinkling of it. but I reckon a field full of milkweed could be bad.
I really wish you hadn't told me that. Sprayed yesterday , and my run of luck continues , ruined a tire on the rented sprayer and lost my pocketknife. Going to try and finish today , after taking a tire and wheel off one of the balers . Got quite a bit of milkweed, although I wouldn't call it a field full , almost makes me not want to go , thinking about it .
0 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:07 am

snoopdog wrote:
callmefence wrote:I spray with them on the field. the one thing I do watch for is they will eat the he// outta milkweed after its sprayed with 24d. I don't worry if theres just a sprinkling of it. but I reckon a field full of milkweed could be bad.
I really wish you hadn't told me that. Sprayed yesterday , and my run of luck continues , ruined a tire on the rented sprayer and lost my pocketknife. Going to try and finish today , after taking a tire and wheel off one of the balers . Got quite a bit of milkweed, although I wouldn't call it a field full , almost makes me not want to go , thinking about it .
Oh I think I know where your pocket knife is! Check the tire!
1 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:09 am

snoopdog wrote:

Last time I lost my pocket knife I couldn't sleep for days.
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby snoopdog » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:55 pm

ez14. wrote:
snoopdog wrote:
Oh I think I know where your pocket knife is! Check the tire!
No , an old broke t post got the tire. Insult to injury , I got done , was almost home and something cut the sidewall on my pickup tire. So much for any rest.
0 x

OleScout
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby OleScout » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:34 am

Amine is much more stable than Ester. Ester can volatize and move in hot weather damaging row crops some distance away.
0 x

hillbilly beef man
GURU
GURU

Postby hillbilly beef man » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:58 am

callmefence wrote:
snoopdog wrote:

Last time I lost my pocket knife I couldn't sleep for days.

That is why I carry a cheap pocket knife, they are impossible to loose.
2 x
There is no education in the second kick of a mule.

snoopdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby snoopdog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Good NEWS! They are going to warranty the tire on my pickup , and the feed store is going to split it with me on the spray rig . Thank you jesus, thank you lord- rolling stones .
1 x

Return to “Grasses, Pastures and Hay”