Horse across the fence..

Horse management, health, feeding and grooming.
peg4x4
GURU
GURU

Horse across the fence..

Postby peg4x4 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:43 pm

The folks behind me had a racehorse stable.They'v sold out, keeping 2 horses..The sorrel is ok,but the liver chestnut is driveing me nuts--at least their care of her--they say she's crazy,however,can be caught,loaded,feet trimed-----so why can't they do something about her mane and tail!!! Witches locks and the tail is a rope!!!! How much trouble would it be next time the farrier is there to just cut everything off !!!(can't go talk to them,got mad when they'd fired a nice mare that just needed rest.
0 x

TXBobcat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby TXBobcat » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:16 pm

In my opinion, the way other people care for their animals is none of my business. ;-) I could care less what people do with the animals around me, and I don't give advice unless I'm asked.
0 x
Granger Cattle Co.
China Spring, TX
http://www.grangercattleco.com

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Re: Horse across the fence..

Postby msscamp » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:15 pm

peg4x4 wrote:-----so why can't they do something about her mane and tail!!! Witches locks and the tail is a rope!!!!

Sounds to me like you've got way too much time on your hands. Yes, it would be nice if those things weren't there but - in the greater scheme of things - it could be a whole lot worse!
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Miss Daisy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Miss Daisy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:23 pm

As long as they are not abused or anything of that sort, i wouldnt worry about it. Just gonna get everyone tight
0 x

peg4x4
GURU
GURU

Postby peg4x4 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:15 am

yeah, I know-I know-butt out.....thats what I'm doing..leaveing well enough alone..horses are well fed ,housed,such-just seems odd to not be able to handle that one----(MYOB--that is/will be my mantra) :lol:
0 x

Herefordcross
GURU
GURU

Postby Herefordcross » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:28 am

Gotta love the horse folks. :lol: :lol:
0 x
I FIGHT POVERTY, I WORK!!
Better to try and fail than to have not tried at all

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:35 pm

peg4x4 wrote:...just seems odd to not be able to handle that one----(MYOB--that is/will be my mantra) :lol:

Not really - combing out mats in the mane and tail can be very time consuming, and some horses just don't like it because it tends to pull. In a perfect world, every horse would have their mane and tail combed every day but that simply isn't practical for a lot of people.
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Return to “Horse Care”