worming

Horse management, health, feeding and grooming.
cattleluvr18
GURU
GURU

worming

Postby cattleluvr18 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:44 pm

yeah i kno...ive posted alot of posts and i need to quit but im so inexperienced i always come up with a new question so here my newest---how often do u have to deworm and i kinda get that u have to rotate wormers...how often and why?
0 x
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of being
~Kelly~
facebook.com/kellyr18

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 am

Don't worry about how much you post questions, that's what these boards are all about.

As far as worming goes, I worm every three months, some worm every four, but I won't go longer than that. You rotate wormers to keep the parisites from building up a resistance to the wormer. I'm sure you know this, but you rotate the type (main ingredient) rather than the brand name of the wormer. ie; Ivermection, strongid, ect. Always read the label and dose for weight, for example some wormers are harmful to pregnant mares and foals.

Alan
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

CowpokeJ
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby CowpokeJ » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:10 pm

I'd also use liquid ivomec, sometimes you can get it from the vet pretty cheap or Jeffers. Generic too.
0 x
Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Return to “Horse Care”