Your old horse shoes

Horse management, health, feeding and grooming.
flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Your old horse shoes

Postby flaboy? » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:03 am

What do you do with them? I will pay shipping for some. I need to make some stuff out of them. My horses are barefoot.
0 x
Age doesn't make you forgetful, having way too many stupid things to remember does!

Just_a_girl
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Your old horse shoes

Postby Just_a_girl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:37 am

flaboy? wrote:What do you do with them? I will pay shipping for some. I need to make some stuff out of them. My horses are barefoot.

Magazine rack, coat rake, cowboy wine rack, lamp, hangers for ropes, halters, and other items that needs to be hung up, and handles. Want to make a rack for a fireplace.

If I get too many then I will let you know

what you are making?
0 x
Never argue with a pig, it only annoys the pig and gets you dirty.

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:55 am

Hangers for ropes, whips, handcuffs, I mean......................

I want to make couple gate latches, a couple lead rope hangers, and a couple hat racks. My farrier doesn't do horse shoes. He just trims.

I just figured some folks may just toss them. I can also throw them at folks who make me mad in traffic. OH THAT'S JUST MEAN! :lol:
0 x
Age doesn't make you forgetful, having way too many stupid things to remember does!

Just_a_girl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Just_a_girl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:06 pm

flaboy? wrote:Hangers for ropes, whips, handcuffs, I mean......................

I want to make couple gate latches, a couple lead rope hangers, and a couple hat racks. My farrier doesn't do horse shoes. He just trims.

I just figured some folks may just toss them. I can also throw them at folks who make me mad in traffic. OH THAT'S JUST MEAN! :lol:

Handcuffs :shock: I don't want to know! :lol:

Good idea! I will put a few shoes in my truck and in my car. :lol:

It was funny that you mentioned horseshoes, I'm making a coat rack for a friend. I've just started making things, I need practice. :lol: I'll get it because I like doing this kind of stuff.

I helped make a magazine rack and it was sold at an auction for about $35, that was a while back. I found the rack while looking through a western magazine. The one we made was not exactly like the one in the magazine, but close, we made a few changes and a few improvments to ours. I want to make another one, but I can't remember the exact pattern, and now I can't find that magazine anywhere. I should of taken a picture but I didn't because I didn't think it would sell....being it was made by a amature. I'll figure out the pattern so I can make another, and then take a picture. :nod:

Some women want diamonds and gold, I want a Plasma Cutter! :lol:

Wouldn't shipping horseshoe be kind of expensive?
0 x

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:20 pm

I keep trying to justify a Plasma Cutter but have been unable to do it so far. I want one that will cut up to 1/2 inch plate. The ones that claim to do 3/8 will only do it in VERY slow motion. I figure if it will cut 1/2 inch I can do 3/8 pretty fast.

Oh and the handcuff thing was a joke. Yeah sure.

Here is link to some other ideas but dang now everybody will keep theirs. Oh, yeah shipping could be high but not as high as buying new shoes to weld together.

http://www.artshorseshoeart.com/directory.htm
0 x

Just_a_girl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Just_a_girl » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:21 pm

I'd like to have a Plasma Cutter, but am sure that I won't get one.

Thanks for the link.

I knew you were just joking about the handcuffs. I think. :shock: :lol:
0 x

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:48 pm

flaboy? wrote:What do you do with them?

We very rarely ever shoe our horses. If you like, I can check with Mike - our farrier who happens to live next door to us - and see if he has any available.
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:52 am

msscamp wrote:

We very rarely ever shoe our horses. If you like, I can check with Mike - our farrier who happens to live next door to us - and see if he has any available.

Thanks Mom :lol: You are a long way from Dixie so shipping would be pretty high. I have a guy in Fl that has a few he will send along. I think even shipping from him will be around $10.

I am going to see if my farrier knows some guys who do that thing and can get me some. I do appreciate all offers though.
0 x

msscamp
wannabe
wannabe

Postby msscamp » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:16 pm

flaboy? wrote:
msscamp wrote:

Thanks Mom :lol: You are a long way from Dixie so shipping would be pretty high.

You're welcome, son. :lol: :lol: I can certainly understand that, but thought I'd make the offer anyway. ;-) :)
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Just_a_girl
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Just_a_girl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:35 am

Flaboy?

I have a picture that I want you to see and I will send it to you.....as soon as I figure out why my camera is acting up. :mad: goofy thing!

It's an easy and quick horseshoe project that I think you will like.
0 x

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:32 am

Just_a_girl wrote:Flaboy?

I have a picture that I want you to see and I will send it to you.....as soon as I figure out why my camera is acting up. :mad: goofy thing!

It's an easy and quick horseshoe project that I think you will like.

I look forward to it. :lol:
0 x

DrumRunner728
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby DrumRunner728 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:41 am

flaboy, my farrier is due this afternoon. I'll check with him and see if he has any old shoes he needs to dispose of.

I found a couple in the pasture the other day (my barrel horse won't keep his front right shoe on for anything), but they're pretty twisted. Probably not what you're looking for.
0 x
Don't call her a cowgirl 'til you see her ride.

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:46 am

DrumRunner728 wrote:flaboy, my farrier is due this afternoon. I'll check with him and see if he has any old shoes he needs to dispose of.

I found a couple in the pasture the other day (my barrel horse won't keep his front right shoe on for anything), but they're pretty twisted. Probably not what you're looking for.

Thanks and if he has some you can get I will pay shipping and you can throw in the bent ones. I might figure out something to do with them. Thanks again.
0 x

DrumRunner728
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby DrumRunner728 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:22 am

I could always deliver the shoes when I drop off that two year old filly. 8)
0 x
Don't call her a cowgirl 'til you see her ride.

flaboy?
Rancher
Rancher

Postby flaboy? » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 am

DrumRunner728 wrote:I could always deliver the shoes when I drop off that two year old filly. 8)

You trying to get me killed gal? Haven't you read about me being head darted into the earth off of Bronco Skip and he is a 4YO. I have a 2YO Idiot to play with if I get to feeling froggy.

Sometimes this old body wants to think like it is still 30. That's what gets me in trouble. :lol:
0 x

Return to “Horse Care”