Educate me about forages for horses in southern OH

Horse management, health, feeding and grooming.
Chris H
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Educate me about forages for horses in southern OH

Postby Chris H » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:10 pm

What's the top 3 preferred pasture forage for horses?
What's your preferred hay, and for what class of animal(working, brood mares, foals, lazy, etc)?
I'd like to hear from people in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, since that's the climate & soils I'm working with.

Thanks
0 x

User avatar
msscamp
wannabe
wannabe
Posts: 10701
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:13 am
Location: Wyoming

Postby msscamp » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:12 am

Well, I don't fit any of your guidelines for preferred status, but I believe I can tell you the number one preferred forage for horses - and that is Timothy. As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.
0 x
Women and cats are going to do what they want, men and dogs would be wise to accept this.

Chris H
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Postby Chris H » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 am

msscamp wrote: As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.


Well, why did you even bother to answer with this? That's really an obnoxious attitude. Please don't respond to any more of my posts unless you have something of value to add.

Besides, this is neither 'homework' nor are they 'my horses'.
0 x

Jim62
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1094
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Round Top, Texas

Postby Jim62 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:22 am

Chris H wrote:
msscamp wrote: As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.


Well, why did you even bother to answer with this? That's really an obnoxious attitude. Please don't respond to any more of my posts unless you have something of value to add.

Besides, this is neither 'homework' nor are they 'my horses'.


Must be having a bad day. Didn't seem like she was looking to get educated.
0 x

Chris H
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:21 am
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Postby Chris H » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:02 am

Jim62 wrote:
Chris H wrote:
msscamp wrote: As far as educating you - I don't have the time, inclination, or patience. They are your horses - do your homework.


Well, why did you even bother to answer with this? That's really an obnoxious attitude. Please don't respond to any more of my posts unless you have something of value to add.

Besides, this is neither 'homework' nor are they 'my horses'.


Must be having a bad day. Didn't seem like she was looking to get educated.


Jim, msscamp lives in a much different area of the US than where I do and I made it clear I wanted to hear from people in my locale, or at least had experience in this locale.
As far as saying "the number one preferred forage for horses - and that is Timothy", give me a break. I know forages, but if I didn't, how much help is it to say that? Did she say "it's the best hay", did she say "it's the best pasture"? If I knew nothing about forages and took her advice I might plant a field to timothy and expect it to be the best pasture there is for horses. Do you see how little 'education' she provided? And that was the only 'advice' she gave, the rest was just poor attitude.
0 x


Return to “Horse Care”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest