Fence Project with Tornado Wire

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Fence Project with Tornado Wire

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:25 am

Bright Raven wrote:Luke,
I finished a small section on the south end with 15.5 gauge wire. I posted a picture above of the East end that I finished with the 14 guage tornado. I will finish the lion's share in the middle with Tornado. There is no comparison on the wires. The tornado is far superior.

That's what we're after! It's hard to convince folks that it really is better until they use a little of it. Sounds too good to be true, but it's not. I'm headed south Thursday evening, and if everything works out right, I'll be up your way by Tuesday or Wednesday with some more wire for you.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

kickinbull
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kickinbull » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:
kickinbull wrote:Old timers put posts rod apart,16&1/2 feet

Who you calling old? :lol:

Lol. I was referring to older farmers where I grew up. It was a rule to go by.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:00 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Luke,
I finished a small section on the south end with 15.5 gauge wire. I posted a picture above of the East end that I finished with the 14 guage tornado. I will finish the lion's share in the middle with Tornado. There is no comparison on the wires. The tornado is far superior.

That's what we're after! It's hard to convince folks that it really is better until they use a little of it. Sounds too good to be true, but it's not. I'm headed south Thursday evening, and if everything works out right, I'll be up your way by Tuesday or Wednesday with some more wire for you.

You got my number. Thanks
0 x

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm

kickinbull wrote:
kickinbull wrote:Old timers put posts rod apart,16&1/2 feet

Who you calling old? :lol:

Lol. I was referring to older farmers where I grew up. It was a rule to go by.

Standard roll of net wire is 330' or 20 rod. Barb wire is 1,320' or 80 rod. 40 acres is 80 rod by 80 rod. Every day of my life is built around the measurement of 16.5', or exactly 5 natural steps. The law here for property line fence is one rod spacing.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”