Stretching Barbed Wire Between Metal Braces

Share knowledge or ideas about doing anything and everything.
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Re: Stretching Barbed Wire Between Metal Braces

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:29 pm

comon cory..this place is like the beach man...maybe a 14'' telephone pole 6 ft in...
magis..yer right..

ill see if I can take some pics tomorrow of a half butt job I hafta do around my shooting berm....ill see what I got for materials...
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:17 am

Telephone poles corners work well db. No brace ne3ded at 4 ft depth

I use lots of telephone poles (and cross ties). Most at least 4' deep. I have different soils depending where you are, but I have never been able to get by without a brace post anywhere here..especially in the sand down by the river. Not that I haven't tried on some short runs, but sooner rather than later, the single post always start to lean.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Hook2.0
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hook2.0 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 pm

dieselbeef wrote:comon cory..this place is like the beach man...maybe a 14'' telephone pole 6 ft in...
magis..yer right..

ill see if I can take some pics tomorrow of a half butt job I hafta do around my shooting berm....ill see what I got for materials...

You don’t have the bentonite at 3ft? How deep does your sand go.
greybeard wrote:
Telephone poles corners work well db. No brace ne3ded at 4 ft depth

I use lots of telephone poles (and cross ties). Most at least 4' deep. I have different soils depending where you are, but I have never been able to get by without a brace post anywhere here..especially in the sand down by the river. Not that I haven't tried on some short runs, but sooner rather than later, the single post always start to lean.
ya, I haven’t tried it for terribly long so I’ll defer to your experience.
0 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:59 pm

hardpan is about at 4 ft...sometime 3 but usually the last cpl digs with the post hole diggers will get it but by then the holes finding water
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Return to “Tips 'n Tricks”